City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

So City get what £60m a year for Shirt, Stadium and Training ground sponsorship from Etihad. Seems very reasonable and no-one can say it's not worth it given City's and therefore Etihad's rise to prominence.

Liverpool are sponsored by Standard Chartered to the tune of £??m - found guilty of terrorist money laundering by the USA

United are sponsored £??m by TeamViewer - what exactly do they do? Fair value?

Arsenal sponsored £10m a year by Visit Rwanda for a sleeve badge!

Forget all the related party nonsense. Fair value is fair value. City's would appear undervalued if anything. The others?

Exactly - "related parties" is an established accountancy definition which is widely accepted whilst "associated parties" is a PL construct that they dreamt up. And that would appear to be the basis of the City claim - i.e. that it is just something dreamt up to hurt certain clubs.
Spot on. City feel that the PL are riding roughshod over globally recognised accountancy rules - IAS24 - and that that is unlawful.

Tend to agree with some that this isn't promising; if we were confident of a positive outcome from the charges then I don't see why we'd have launched this lawsuit. Want it resolved one way or another as, being brutally honest, I can't be arsed with it all anymore. Sapping my love of football, and I'm glad I'm no longer as emotionally attached to it as I was in my early twenties. Whole thing is an attempt at reputational damage and I'd cry if it wasn't so risibly transparent.

Whatever the outcome, victory or demotion to Sunday league, I'll always have blue blood. But thank fuck I now have plenty of distractions in my life worthier than football.

Change your username to Absolute Bottyclart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.