City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

To make these allegations City must have a huge volume of evidence that shows our commercial rivals acting in bad faith.
Which is why this action isn’t just against the PL itself - it’s effectively against certain other clubs too.

I’m no expert but this APT shite smacks of the “Open Skies” case where American owned airlines complained that certain Gulf airlines were gaining a competitive advantage due to receiving state funding. Despite the fact that some of those same American airlines received state funding themselves. Fucking hypocritical cunts!

Last edited:
2 separate cases and City suing the PL over this issue has been a strong possibility for months. City told the PL they were considering this and obviously followed through with it after taking advice from their lawyers. If I remember correctly rules were introduced shortly after which said the Directors of the clubs that brought it in could not be sued personally.

Most seem to think City will struggle with this but City must think otherwise or they wouldn’t have bothered.
It all depends on City’s evidence of harm they say they have suffered. Other clubs, commentators etc will not know what that evidence is, but it won’t stop them opening their big fat gobs.

A couple of points:

This is a section X tribunal, I think, under PL auspices. Surely, they won't have the last word on an issue of competition law? I imagine the club have a strong case and if the club loses, it will appeal to the "real" courts? I can see this taking a while and getting messy.

I don't think it's a delaying tactic, or a tactic to tie up PL resources. The club has objected to the APT rules since they were introduced. The competitive bid requirement introduced last year was probably the straw that broke the camel's (yes I know) back, especially if the club really has lost revenue. It could be a "fuck around and find out moment", I suppose.

Not sure what the "tyranny of the majority" is about other than to set the scene for completely reorganising the PL governance structure. I have never understood how twenty clubs voting in their own interests can come to decisions that benefit the league as a whole. But not sure what a tribunal can do about it, but an IR probably could.

Let's wait to see how this develops.

Right - but those rules came in 3 years ago (Nov 2021) and we did nothing until the 2 parties are in a huge, other, legal battle. I think people arguing the 2 are unrelated are being very naive.
You may be right, but it may be more than that. Stefan made the point than City were seeking damages and therefore had suffered a loss. Perhaps the PL have blocked a deal and that has brought this about...hopefully we'll know soon.
(**I guess this is going through the Law Courts and not some internal EPL process).
**Reading the Times piece again it looks like a Private Arbitration Hearing !

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.