City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

'Tyranny of the majority' was one of the original, 18th-century criticisms of democracy. As I have grown older, I have come to see what they meant. They were also concerned about the impact of demagogues inflaming the mob. Again, I have come to see what they meant.

Democracy only works properly when you consider the rights of the minority as well. But that's way too sophisticated for 2024.

The Premier League is basically an oligarchy, not a democracy. It is ruled by a small minority of uber-influential clubs backed by their lackeys, The interests of anyone else are ignored.
Even if influence was equal, it would not be a democracy. The voters are commercial rivals and nobody else e.g. fans, players. Even if we look just to the football universe, it is just a sample of interested parties and that is why the PL has a duty to propose only rules which are equal in their effect. A good example of this is heavily indebted clubs are treated just the same as clubs with minimal debts but rules can affect these two groups differently. That is why regulating the P&L but not the balance sheet is wrong.

Can you imagine how much digging on the PL, Masters, and the Red Shirt clubs, Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, secret agents, speacial agents, secret agencies, private investigation companies, private detectives, etc have been doing over the last year or two.

OK, I might have gone a bit OTT, but you know City have been digging.

No BB. it's not widely known and City dropped a clanger allowing this phrase to be used.
It's not a phrase I'd be using in my local Levenshulme pub, but in private legal document it's not exactly a wildly out of place term. And it's used frequently in press reporting and in political debate.

View attachment 121802
I think you’re missing the point - they’re all related parties, hence the scrutiny. You’re simply emphasising why there’s a widely held theory that the entire purpose of the City ownership is to benefit and project Abu Dhabi onto the world, via football.

Surely we should have hired competent people who could facilitate investment exclusively from non-related parties and remove any doubt as to where the money is coming from.
The only thing dodgy about this is, Etihad Airways and related parties have got it on the CHEAP !!!

Last edited:
The Times Online are leading with another 'Exclusive' (leak) regarding tomorrow's hearing.
Apparently the first hour will be taken up with legal argument about how the case will be decided.
The Premier league want to use the one potato two potato system whereas City lawyers are insistent on Rock Paper Scissors.

It's not a phrase I'd be using in my local Levenshulme pub, but in private legal document it's not exactly a wildly out of place term. And it's used frequently in press reporting and in political debate.

City should have assumed the document would get leaked and this phrase would be picked apart in the Court room of Talkshite. Anyway. what's done is done.

Who are you kidding.

I am serious. A) it wasn't a public comment, it was in a confidential submission to an arbitrator. B) Nobody knows the context, it is a catchy phrase easy for the media to run away with. C)It is not the club that used it, presumably, it was the lawyers.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.