City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Stupid rag **** wants to ask which clubs were the driving force behind:
The ending of shared gate receipts in the early 80’s
The Heathrow agreement sharing TV money in the mid 80’s
The first threats to break away from the Football League
The formation of the Premier League
Formation of the all powerful G14
The expanded Champions League
UEFA FFP
PSR
Behind closed door meetings to form the European Super League

No doubt I’ve missed plenty, but you can guarantee if there’s any ‘reform’ proposed by United or Liverpool, it will be to restrict competition and benefit themselves.

Two ghastly cheeks of the same arse.
That duopoly needs ending. it's why they're fighting dirty. Everton docked 10 points for not towing the line? Complaint by City filed 16th Feb, Everton docked points 26th Feb.

I think some of the stuff about this being an existential battle between City and the PL is a bit hyperbolic. We’re just challenging the change to the APT rules that was introduced in February, as it was reported that we would do at the time. If we’re successful then the rules will revert to how they were prior to Feb 24. If we lose then we’ll just have to work within the new guidelines.
Yep it just war games before the main event! It’s a smart play

Telegraph Article (no coments allowed):
Sam Walace eh.
Can't even get the facts right.
He’s terrible. On the positive side, he always seems like he has scant understanding of any issue, so I don’t think it’s necessarily bias as opposed to him being clueless.

the fact we are in a political general election for the next 6 weeks where no new legislation can be brought in including the premier leauge says a lot about the timing of this for me

Just a thought on the definition of sponsorship. Seemingly these new PL rules mean you must be getting a good return on your sponsorship. However isn’t the idea of sponsoring someone or something a kind of charitable act in which your intention is to give a helping hand to those you choose to sponsor. Almost an altruistic act. It’s always seemed strange to have to justify why you sponsor someone when surely it can be for their good and the consequences of that can reflect back on you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.