City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Interesting to read that City are calling the PL's own sponsorship deals into question, saying that they have a conflict of interest. There's definitely a case for a governing body to regulate the PL's commercial deals. Let's have a forensic look at the PLs accounts and commercial activities and see what's going on.
I’m 22 pages in and you are the first to mention this. It seems like a legitimate argument. I can imagine that if City overwhelm the PL with a legitimate legal action it will exhaust their capability to prove the 115 charges against us…

We've seen with Everton and Forrest that they released statements and they shaped public opinion against the PL and us!!

They can just state facts.

But the club stays silent and the dickheads in the media then fill the void with a load of shit which every other fan believes.

Citys image damaged further in this country.
Everton and Forest had nothing to lose because they admitted guilt. I agree the club has been very poor and too reactive on the PR side but now is the time to hang fire because we cant risk losing the court case which will be decided by an independent judge whatever the tabloid press say. We will have to go on the front foot when we have won both cases. We can't say anything other than a holding statement at present. We can't give their lawyers any ammunition at this stage.

I’m 22 pages in and you are the first to mention this. It seems like a legitimate argument. I can imagine that if City overwhelm the PL with a legitimate legal action it will exhaust their capability to prove the 115 charges against us…
From The Times article today....

"They (City) also say that the Premier League, as an organisation, is a direct competitor for sponsorship and therefore claim they have a conflict of interest."

i have been having fun on twitter with this argument

If our sponsorship deals have been inflated, then haven't they done well out of them. They have sponsored a team that has won the treble, achieved 100 points, won 4 PL TITLES in a row and done the domestic treble, signed marketable superstars and are a global brand. For sponsors that is a win win scenario. They get to associate themselves with success.

Other teams sponsors will have put lots of money into sponsorship deals and seen the team they have sponsored finish mid table with a leaky roof, a crap manager whilst being millions in debt. These sponsors associate themselves with mediocrity and decay.
Who had heard of Etihad prior to them sponsoring City, think they had a Tiger Moth and two Dakota's now they're one of the World's most well known and successful airlines be hard to argue they haven't had full value for their involvement with City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.