City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Are we just challenging the latest rules changes? I know that’s what has triggered it but our arguments are challenging the fundamentals of the rules implemented in 2021.
I’m sceptical about some of the stuff Lawton is claiming in his article tbh. Feels like a heavily biased piece designed to paint us in a bad light.

Has the Premier League bottled it, Maybe an offer from the Premier League on the changes was made to City and they thought we would settle for a small punishment, But City are not messing around this time and will clear their name once and for all and take everybody down in the process,

Rightly City has been cleared of this at CAS but Uefa wanted a final say in a club fine of £10million for not corresponding with them on time, Maybe the Premier League thinks, well let's get something out of this to keep our name in tack and City will pay up and the cheating tag will still stick.

What have City got to lose ? everybody else thinks we are guilty, This is never going to end if we just let this unfold and take some fine or points deduction for time-barred breaches, NOW it sounds like Manchester City has had enough and wants to take them on once and for all,
Unfortunately everyone will think we are guilty whatever happens now. The damage has already been done.

Everton and Forest had nothing to lose because they admitted guilt. I agree the club has been very poor and too reactive on the PR side but now is the time to hang fire because we cant risk losing the court case which will be decided by an independent judge whatever the tabloid press say. We will have to go on the front foot when we have won both cases. We can't say anything other than a holding statement at present. We can't give their lawyers any ammunition at this stage.

Stating facts of our position won't be giving anyone ammunition.

It just clarifies what's happening as we know the media and the voices on twitter will put their own prejudicial spin on it. And they can do so because very few have a clue what it's all about.

Already I've seen so called journalists think we're delaying things, trying to undermine the PL's case on the 115 charges, trying to take over the league etc.

They'll be allowed to get away with it and the clubs image continues to be tarnished in this country.

To me it's just a bizarre stance by City.

There is a wiff of a PL leak to the Times about this . Rabin on X suggests this and I tend to agree with him . Something not quite right about it all ?
Remember the strategic leaks from UEFA predicting tough sanctions just before the CAS cleared us. If this latest detailed leak did come from the PL that's great news for us because it means they must be on the back foot and trying to deflect attention away from the 115 case. It has been dirty tricks against us from day one and they must be desperate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.