City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

get the fuck in. The PL have been even worse than anyone guessed at. Huge compensation incoming
Where's Dan Roan?

The premier league and the media can dress this up any way they want to. It's blatantly obvious these rules were hastily drawn up at the bequest of the redshirts and their lackeys for one reason only, to fuck us over. It was a monumental stitch up and I'd say a criminal act.

Presumably shareholder loans will now have to be included within the APT rules, with a commercial rate of interest being applied from a PSR perspective.

Could well be the biggest victory for us if so.
That is my reading based on elements of the summary decision.

And it is what many of us posited throughout the process as one of many unlawful—and unfairly targeted at City specifically, whilst favouring those clubs driving the rules—provisions of the APT rules.

I have kept my counsel on this, as I think @FogBlueInSanFran and a few others, based on professional obligations/restrictions and/or previous involvement with the club (can’t be seen commenting, even in a personal capacity, without negative repercussions).

But I will say that no one should believe the PL or PL-captured media’s (looking at the BBC) spin about this verdict being “minor” and it “not having a material impact on APT”. This is a major victory for City and a major rebuke of the PL’s bad faith actions over the last decade and a half.

And there are many within the various clubs’ management teams (even a few within the clubs that gave evidence in favour of the PL’s stance) that have come to that realisation as the PL have become increasingly more desperate and transparent with their attempts to stifle City’s rise, indirectly causing all manner of issues for other clubs (and unfairly benefitting the historically dominant clubs at their expense).

The PL have made quite a few enemies in recent years, especially, because of the way in which FFP, PSR, and APT have been designed, modified, and enforced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.