City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

SSN: We are going to start with a partial victory for Manchester City

tu3xhUI.gif

I think delaying the FMV of our sponsors is further proof they’ve been acting in bad faith. I wonder if anything shows up from emails about this & interest free loans from owners.

This is the main takeaway for me.

They passed an unlawful rule (after being told by City before the vote it was unlawful and would get turned over)

They broke their own procedures in a way which was deemed unfair 5 times over 3 sponsorships.

Going into a bigger legal battle in the 115 case, it's good to know that the PL have been shown to not follow their own rules, act unfairly and pass unlawful rules.

I know it has been posted in the thread, but I just wanted to give it another direct link to the article (rather than the archive link) so that clicks and engagement could be driven to Samuel’s excellent content for those with access.

These outlets only really care about what content drives the most ad revenue and so we should be very selective about which links we share. But I think, even if it gives The Times some revenue they could use to beat City with later, this is content that should be supported and amplified by blues.

Seismic verdict for football that leaves financial rules in tatters

The Premier League overplayed its hand and now the whole concept of PSR is in the bin. Man City’s legal victory could have huge consequences for some clubs

Spin and counter-spin of already exceptionally technical business legality shot through hyper-partisan football fandom. I couldn't think of a worse way of delivering information.

Hope this doesn’t get missed….but can someone clarify/explain the bit about shareholder loans?

What’s good or bad about that?
They weren't counted towards breaking PSR rules. Now deemed illegal so Arsenal and others are in the shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.