City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Interesting to read that City are calling the PL's own sponsorship deals into question, saying that they have a conflict of interest. There's definitely a case for a governing body to regulate the PL's commercial deals. Let's have a forensic look at the PLs accounts and commercial activities and see what's going on.
This is what I have been saying all along , let’s get a third party auditor and look into pl accounts.We can start with sky sponsorship and take it from there .

I don't follow...

So we lose the challenge, meaning that the charges against us are at least on firm legal ground... and in spite of this, the PL subsequently lose their case against us? And this works to "save face" for the PL?

I threw this conspiracy out yesterday, which I must add I think is absolute bollocks.

But in essence, if the PL doesn't make the charges stick then there's a monumental fallout. The majority of media outlets and armchair fans see the fact they've punished Everton and Forest and not us as bias and weakness.

If they lose the case against us then their reputation is going to be absolutely fucked.

So it would be ideal for them to beat City somehow. We sue them, they win. PL looks like it has balls and can take us down. They then lose on the charges, but it's less of a fallout because they've already had one win under their belt.

Back to the start - there's no fucking way this is what is happening.

Got to say, to a layman (which I am) it seems that the APT rules are there for good reason and I can't see why, of all things, we are trying to pick those apart.

Personally, I'm sick of it all to my stomach. I just want to watch football and celebrate my team. This is really detracting from the joy of the sport.
This is exactly how I feel as well. I have been a City fan for the best part of 60 years and all this “noise” is ruining my enjoyment of the game. I just want to watch my team play football. I am also struggling to understand why APT rules are a bad thing. I don’t really want to see a league where the team with the deepest pockets wins all the prizes.

Surely the club must be privy to evidence we aren’t? If not I’d seriously question the legal advice the club are receiving
absolutely but the journalist in The Times has taken a small section of a 165 page document and needless to say, it wasn't the best bits as far as City are concerned.

Because Khaldoon is willing to pay whatever it costs to blast these bastards out of the water. Make no mistake, he will succeed.
All i want for christmas is that infamous tape of “levelling up”.

Because Khaldoon is willing to pay whatever it costs to blast these bastards out of the water. Make no mistake, he will succeed.
PS Khaldoon said this a couple of years ago and it was no idle threat but Masters and the PL just sashay in and take him on. Suicide.

This is a really worrying post as it means that the media propaganda has actually started to make some blues doubt.

People are being brainwashed into believing that the rules and related charges pushed on teams including us are somehow fair and ethical and put into place to protect us all, created by individuals who are inherently good and caring. And as result, anyone who challenges these rules must be corrupt and or untrustworthy as they are acting against these ethical rules set up by good people.

Now what if I blow your mind and push the notion that those creating these rules are in fact the very opposite of good and their rules are far from ethical, but rather put in place to protect their own empires from stronger more determined owners, owners who are willing to invest in their own products rather than trying to stop their competitors investing in theirs.

City are not the bad guys here, the bad guys are making the rules and forcing others by either sheer force or propaganda to implement and abide by those rules, rules to keep them in their little boxes.

Those who claim this view is pure fantasy and paranoia need look no further than Manchester United and Liverpool privately vetting the incoming head of the Premier League unbeknown to any of their rivals.

Make no mistake about it friend, the red shirt clubs have been pulling all the strings for decades, people have just been too brainwashed to see it
Well said. Unfortunately the media war against us - stoked by the red top clubs - has already convinced the public at large of our guilt and is now affecting our own fans who have been backing the club through thick and thin.

The whole thing is a shit show and the club is right to take steps to stop it once and for all because with the Simon Jodan's of this world having a very loud voice and lots of media coverage - we'll never be seen as a 'great\' club like utd and dippers, who have worked the system from day one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.