City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Just throwing this out there, but is there a way that us losing this 'challenge' but then winning the '115' battle kind of works out well for both us and the PL?
I don't follow...

So we lose the challenge, meaning that the charges against us are at least on firm legal ground... and in spite of this, the PL subsequently lose their case against us? And this works to "save face" for the PL?

Just asking a question regarding sponsorship and owner related companies.
Obviously our sponsorship is looked at and then decided if it fair market value by an independent company.
Am I right in saying that for example Emirates can sponsor arsenal for let's say 500 mil a year and this doesn't have to be looked at because Emirates don't not have anything to do with owning arsenal or are all sponsorship deals looked at by this independent company?

I have to admit, my mindset is changing from my first and most obvious candidate, the Geordies, the press wouldn’t bat an eyelid throwing them to the wolves with us
We joke about scruffy Jim and the rags are an obvious target for us, but Jim could turn out to be an unlikely ally.

Reactions: flb
If some of our own fans don’t understand why we have done what we have done, what chance does an uneducated idiot fan from another club have. Many in society now believe everything they read without having the slightest idea of thinking for themselves and challenging the narrative that is being written and why. Give me strength.
Anyway, for what it’s worth. I think it’s a good move, it’s a stand, we’re not being rode over roughshod without a fight. We may win, we may not but we’ve put a marker down and as for the 115, what will be, will be.
I’ll be there whatever the result.
CTID
It's alarming where so many people go to in order to form their knowledge base, it really is. Obviously a lot of them seek out stuff to support their preconceptions, but so many are far too easily bluffed.

Fans are entitled to criticize the club, or at least ask questions of them or doubt them. In my opinion.
We've been defending them to the hilt for the last 8-10 years now in the face of accusation after accusation.
That's not me saying that I haven't been doing my best in defending my club the past 24 hours!
In lay mans terms, its quite hard to put a good argument favouring City in terms of yesterday's news.

We are allowed to stop and ask, why have we done this, it doesn't look good etc.
This is a really worrying post as it means that the media propaganda has actually started to make some blues doubt.

People are being brainwashed into believing that the rules and related charges pushed on teams including us are somehow fair and ethical and put into place to protect us all, created by individuals who are inherently good and caring. And as result, anyone who challenges these rules must be corrupt and or untrustworthy as they are acting against these ethical rules set up by good people.

Now what if I blow your mind and push the notion that those creating these rules are in fact the very opposite of good and their rules are far from ethical, but rather put in place to protect their own empires from stronger more determined owners, owners who are willing to invest in their own products rather than trying to stop their competitors investing in theirs.

City are not the bad guys here, the bad guys are making the rules and forcing others by either sheer force or propaganda to implement and abide by those rules, rules to keep them in their little boxes.

Those who claim this view is pure fantasy and paranoia need look no further than Manchester United and Liverpool privately vetting the incoming head of the Premier League unbeknown to any of their rivals.

Make no mistake about it friend, the red shirt clubs have been pulling all the strings for decades, people have just been too brainwashed to see it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.