City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

you need minutes from meeting in corridors or behind closed doors to know whats actually going on

Fair point!

I would like to know who submitted this proposal though - whether it was the PL itself or one of the clubs. That at least should be available to the public.

Am I missing something here. If the rule changes City are challenging are perfectly legal then City’s challenge will fail. If they’re not legal then City will prevail and will have done the PL and its members a favour by stopping them acting illegally. If the PL and the members in favour of the changes are confident of their position then they have nothing to worry about.

It’s worse. We can have Etihad provided the PL sets the amount. Our contract with Etihad is effectively set aside when we try to renew it. Bonkers.
Reading between the lines, the PL has damaged us by invoking this rule and reducing the value of a contract or more than one, but they are not reducing the values at other clubs (guess US owned).
The sponsorship rules are ridiculous and unworkable. Is Fair Value what Luton can get for sponsoring their shirts or what United can? Is it different for each club? How can it be fair if one club can sell millions of shirts and others can sell a few thousand? What about Stadium naming rights?

If I sponsor my grandson £2 a lap for walking backwards around the school yard (maximum of 10 laps) and you sponsor your grandson £100 a lap. Is that fair or none of anyones business?

What I find utterly bizarre is that the Premier League seems to be capitalism on steroids on some things and then flips 180 degrees and advocates communism and 'all clubs are equal' on others. This 'all clubs are equal' thinking seems to have developed since middle east owners have appeared whilst billionaire USA owners were tolerated as good for the game. I do not think we will win but I think there is definitely an argument to be made that there is a cartel that controls Premier League thinking.

Horrible reaction on twitter with Liverpool fans in particular wanting City to be liquidated and openly hoping for City fans to die.

Can't wait for their reaction to FEED THE SCOUSERS next season
Hate chanting is OK for them to do. But 'poverty chanting' isn't allowed. It makes them cry.

The new rules are specifically designed to hamper us, not to keep us ahead. Who the fuck do the PL think they are, telling us how much we can and can't earn from sponsorship's. In the Times story, there's a snippet in which City allege it's already cost them millions.
The laughable thing about all this market value sponsorship crap,is someone decides whether it’s fair value or not,yet a club can put whatever value they want on a players transfer fee.should the same panel not decide whether the transfer fee is acceptable market value,

After browsing social media, there's so many thick twats out there. Fucking hell, it like swimming in a sea of imbeciles.

Desperate attempt by the American cartel to leak this. I feel this is another smear campaign tactic to put more pressure on our club to settle for a compromise agreement.

We're going to see more media sycophants protecting and promoting the February ruling as "good for the game" and continue to tarnish our image on social and mainstream media. Absolute pricks!

I'm very confident the Club will beat this.
The "Tyranny of the Majority" quote/soundbite is a masterpiece of black propaganda. Lawton has probably taken a section of a sentence from the claim document - likely relating to the discrimination City perceives - and inflated it into significant element of claim. I'd confidently guess that it's nothing of the kind but great ammunition for a hit-piece. It's like red meat to the Media and City-haters (and even some neutrals).
It would be wonderful if somehow City's claim document was leaked in full without the benefit of Lawson's toxic spin.

Can somebody explain to me why this hearing next week is taking place in Harrogate? Why there? Proper random that.
Because the Premier League feel at home there:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.