City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

What do you think you’ve been watching your entire life?

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
PSG

You don’t think these teams were the richest in their leagues?

Unfortunately I’m noticing a pattern where those who aren’t as close to the club, and seemingly live outside of Manchester or England, are falling for the propaganda behind this story.

I dare say, these people don’t have the same affinity for the club as those who are closer which means they’re more susceptible to media bullshit.

As I’ve said before, if City win the rules go back to what they were January 2024 - that’s this year! City are challenging an amendment made in February. They’re not destroying the league or all the financial rules.
Just for clarity, I was born in Manchester, moved away in my twenties and returned in my sixties. I was a season ticket holder before I left and I’m a season ticket holder now. I think I have a pretty fair affinity to the Club.

I wonder if smaller clubs would be better off if the big clubs with huge debts were regulated on that score. Would it close the gap?
I favor regulation to prevent clubs from overborrowing to the extent that the bankrupt a club, putting it so far into debt that it has to sell off all its players to pay its debts, ruining the club for fans.

I suppose that their ought to be a (very high) limit on what a club can spend. Otherwise, an extremely wealthy owner could simply buy the league.

With respect to City... we are financially well off - other clubs have spent more... if we've somehow broken regulations - in spite of other P/L clubs having spent even more than us - well, bullshit. We're financially sound and we put, on the field, a very attractive, exciting club that not only benefits us, but benefits the P/L as well... and makes the C/L competitive.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.