City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Smaller sides with owners unable to fully back their clubs of course are at a huge disadvantage in the P/L. That they have made it to the P/L in the first place - at least for one season - is huge. But odds are against them from staying up.

With regard to an independent regulator... what's to regulate? Other than clubs overspending to the point of insolvency?
I wonder if smaller clubs would be better off if the big clubs with huge debts were regulated on that score. Would it close the gap?

Fancy asking Miss Piggy on sky sports news to comment on us.

Everytime she mentions our name she goes like this...

View attachment 121361

Even then she was talking like she was at gunpoint the fuckin mardarse.
Which one is Miss Piggy, just out of a matter of interest.
I think they're all pigs on Sly

So joe 90 on talksport has said our owners arent fit and proper and appalling because of what we are doing, so apparently taking the club you own into administration is proper and overseeing massive sustained success while building the greatest club side the pl has ever seen and regenerating a whole area is appalling, i really have got this all back to front.

good thing on this that this is about to be finished by end of this month and we will know the result.

Related party is defined in International Accounting Standards, is used in every set of accounts on the planet in a well-understood and consistent manner and is based on control, joint control, or significant influence (iirc).

Associated party, in this context, is a term invented by the PL only for these purposes and includes basically anyone you or any of your family ever had dinner with.

So, one is a widely accepted accounting term. The other is bollocks.

Tbf it only includes dinner parties in the Middle East. US dinner guests have no association with each other…

good thing on this that this is about to be finished by end of this month and we will know the result.
Probably lose and it'll be taken way out of context by all the twitter virgins masking as forensic accountants for the day, and we'll be called all the cheating bastards under the sun for the rest of the summer

Great

Can't get my head around us going through with this action without having something on the cartel...
Just a gut feeling...
Looking forward to any potential revelations next week
You’d hope so, but……..
Can’t help as a City fan, having that niggling feeling that we have played this straight expecting it to be dealt with by the PL in the same straight manner.
However, as we see with every coordinated media attack, that is “leaked” with impeccable timing to deflect from potential damaging press, for members of the cartel or the PL hierarchy ( same thing really.

I understand our silence in these matters because we would be crucified in the media if we tried to argue our case there, but the underhandedness of how things get into the media and are portrayed there with the lack of refutable arguments from our side, just kills us. It just seems like an unwinable war.

Engagement of any sort with colleagues of any footballing persuasion in the absence of us having a clue as to what is really going on, is futile.
The gaps are filled in daily with the same narrative we’ve had for a decade and now worse.

I look forward to the next fortnight with great trepidation.

I loved football when it was just a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.