City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I have just listened to Stefan on Talk**** this morning and was interested in his comments on the club's attitude to the PL voting system on new rules. Could someone provide me with the voting figures for the adoption of the ATP rule, please. I believe it was 12 in favour, 6 against and two abstentions. This is important because only 60% of the clubs voted in favour if I'm right (only 60% of the PL membership). Only if the two abstentions are counted as voting in favour (which they clearly didn't!) can those in favour be said to have reached the 70% required. Stefan never mentioned this and yet it could explain what is seen as our club's attack on a democratic process - that is that the club have no problem with the process which is sound (unless it votes to introduce something which is unlawful!) but that, in this case the process was not followed and the ATP rule was not introduced at all because those in favour did not reach the required threshold. It's introduction, therefore, reflected "the tyranny of the majority" and not a properly enacted rule. Am I right or are my figures not correct?

It's two thirds of the votes cast, excluding abstentions.

So if fucking Burnley hadn't abstained and voted no, it would have been defeated. Or Chelsea was the other one?

The laughable thing about all this market value sponsorship crap,is someone decides whether it’s fair value or not,yet a club can put whatever value they want on a players transfer fee.should the same panel not decide whether the transfer fee is acceptable market value,

First one to pull up would be the Coutinho fee...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.