City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I've attached the PL "Owners Charter" below. The paragraph I find interesting is this bit:

View attachment 121388

For context, 'We' is each owner and the shareholders are the PL clubs. If there's any proof specific clubs are leaking things against us then those clubs are going against this charter.

That is a Standard Charter……..

Just joining a few possible dots. In his end of season talk Khaldoon was clearly looking forward to City participating in next year's Club world cup. But as Acadmica pointed out earlier to me with a link, the PL have made it public that they don't think next year's Club World Cup is a good idea, based on the fact that players need a break. I am assuming that if the PL vote on it, the two thirds majority could cancel PL clubs participation.

However as I understand it only City and Chelsea would qualify for it. If they were to participate they would gain over £100m in prize money. So its not in the interest of the other clubs to let them participate. The 'tyranny of the majority' comes in as pointed out again by Academica!

Chelsea and City and their players should be able to decide if they want to participate. Not Daniel Levy, Tom Werner, Jim Ratclife, Stan Kroenke, etc etc, etc

However, compare this to the FA and PL stance 24 year's ago, when Utd were not only encouraged to go to the Club World Cup, but were given special dispensation to not take part in the FA Cup that year. Utd clearly only wanted to take part in the Club World Cup, as it meant more money to them than participating in the FA Cup. This is clearly double standards in my mind.

So the current voting system can clearly be used to disadvantage a minority of clubs, when it suits them.

Last edited:
Jesus just had a brief skirt over of the responses on X for that matt lawton piece, every single reply has not a fucking clue what it is all about. They all seem to think it shows we are guilty of the 115 charges

Just goes to show that the average football fan are total morons and believe 100% everything the press write

I find it very ironic that the likes of liverpool fans who fought against the press that wtote lies about their club can now believe them tooth n nail - but then again they own certain media dont they so they can spin the narratives

I believe the word you are searching for is hypocrites - applies to them and their media whores.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.