City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

This has always been my view. Anything the club say at the moment will be drowned out or twisted. The time to go after our detractors is after City have proved our innocence.

He did say that with the caveat that the only thing he or anyone has seen was what had been leaked to the times. There may well be a slam dunk in there from City that no one has seen yet. I hope so anyway.
The podcast posted on here last night was enlightening if their info was true.

City/ Newcastle are not allowed to have same Nation sponsors and that would be also time barred for the 3 previous seasons.

If that is remotely true we will win this case.

This has always been my view. Anything the club say at the moment will be drowned out or twisted. The time to go after our detractors is after City have proved our innocence.

He did say that with the caveat that the only thing he or anyone has seen was what had been leaked to the times. There may well be a slam dunk in there from City that no one has seen yet. I hope so anyway.
I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before Stefan sees the full claim document.

I don’t sympathise with either set of fans one little bit. The cunts are quick to belittle and tear strips off our club and fans, so fuck each and everyone of the geordie brummie cunts.
Now now, we are Englands leading club and should be a little magnanimous.

Well said. I have time and time again on here: City reply to a paper headline instantly is misrepresented on the next day back page and so it goes on. We would just be doing their job for them. Keeping quiet deprived them of the oxygen of the fire. I know we, as fans, don't like it but the best thing we can do is refuse to participate by not buying papers, not listening and responding to Talksh1te etc. We now have a very large, and growing every day, fan base. Advertisers on these media will start to demand a more positive attitude towards us and for us to be shown more as we are becoming more and more famous. The Boss has already mentioned it, we are the most watched club in the US already and businesses will more and more want to be associated with us and will demand to be shown more.

This latest debacle by the PL is them trying to protect the red shirts and will ultimately fail as it will damage the PL.
I agree they there should be no statement from City. We are best sticking to the confidentiality agreement and objecting to corrupt leaks through the appropriate channels.

As regards fans responses. Who buy’s papers these days? If you want to keep quiet then do so. It’s great to see many fans taking the response back to the bigots.Journalists have now been forced to concede (very belatedly) that the legal
Action relates to the February 2024 amendments. Before now, it was a one way street of lies and deception.

Wasn’t it brilliant that leading Blues fought our corner before the CAS case and many other fans joined in. Who knows what the outcome of next week’s tribunal will be but I’m glad many Blues are taking the fight back to the cartel and their client journalists.

Last edited:
And is very likely to see them in similar positions to Forrest and Everton.
I actually don't think it will, let's see what happens with the "hotel sale", that a biggy for sure.

The PL let them put that "sale" through their books they could well get away with it.

They are part of the American cartel, when Yanks get involved with finances, bad things happen.

I think there's some politics between this action and the charges. If we are trying to persuade the PL of our innocence, knowing that it's a judgement that holds our fate, why would we upset the Applecart with this action.

But there again maybe we are showing our teeth before the judgement is made.

Nonetheless I do think this decision, to go for damages especially, is a statement of some kind. It can't not be at this delicate time.

I actually don't think it will, let's see what happens with the "hotel sale", that a biggy for sure.

The PL let them put that "sale" through their books they could well get away with it.

They are part of the American cartel, when Yanks get involved with finances, bad things happen.
Is the hotel sale the one that the PL haven't yet approved? Think Steffan was talking about this the other day on TalkSport saying if the PL were going to approve it, it should of been done a while ago so something must be holding that up. Without that being approved by the PL by the end of June, they are well and truely fucked.

Is the hotel sale the one that the PL haven't yet approved? Think Steffan was talking about this the other day on TalkSport saying if the PL were going to approve it, it should of been done a while ago so something must be holding that up. Without that being approved by the PL by the end of June, they are well and truely fucked.

EXCL: Premier League fails in bid to close loophole letting clubs use profits from sale of hotels, training grounds, other tangible assets in FFP submissions. Proposal at AGM fell short of 2/3 majority needed (votes 11/20). W/ @mjshrimper @TheAthleticFC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.