City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I think there's some politics between this action and the charges. If we are trying to persuade the PL of our innocence, knowing that it's a judgement that holds our fate, why would we upset the Applecart with this action.

But there again maybe we are showing our teeth before the judgement is made.

Nonetheless I do think this decision, to go for damages especially, is a statement of some kind. It can't not be at this delicate time.
For me the 115 and the AP rule are inextricably linked.
Both seek to kneecap us and reduce our capability to continue to be the best.

EXCL: Premier League fails in bid to close loophole letting clubs use profits from sale of hotels, training grounds, other tangible assets in FFP submissions. Proposal at AGM fell short of 2/3 majority needed (votes 11/20). W/ @mjshrimper @TheAthleticFC
When was that from? Yesterdays PL meeting?

I totally disagree. Any statement would be misinterpreted, twisted and seized upon.

City have kept shtum and quite rightly IMHO

Let them mouth off, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

There is a highly dubious video documentary on YouTube which I have ripped into here:

What I missed out above (and ought to add) is that half way through the video the former FD of UEFA is shown saying FFP was only introduced to stop Mamchester City. If this is true, it undermines the claims Platini made to the EU to ensure FFP didn't breach European Law ie he lied to them. The knock on is UEFA FFP could be challenged and overturned. Thus the EPL PSR rules would then undermine English clubs in Europe.

As I say, let them talk, let them contradict themselves and hang themselves. If City don't comment they're limiting further attacks.

WHAT WE NEED TO DO, AS CITY FANS, ALL OVER THE INTERNET, IS SUPPORT OUR CLUB NOT JISTVPOST ON HERE.

We all have social media accounts and many have our own websites and we can all post links in comments of other sites too.

I've done my bit by publishing my website attacking this rubbish. Please support it by linking to it. Of course support other pro City sites and articles by linking to them too.

Support our club by posting comments and links across all Social.Media, websites etc. The more we do the more impartial fans will be aware that there are two sides to this story.

I am annoyed lol really I am!
Thanks for below. Really interesting read and would be great if you can add the bit about the UEFA guy confirming all of this bullshit was designed to stop City from the beginning…. (Not that we didnt know that already, but have had many rags tell me im wearing a tinfoil hat over the years, when it comes to the cartel coming after us). So this debunks all of that noise.

One quick point, im sure i saw Stefan say the emails that are out there are not doctored/fake but dont have any context/follow up so are currently half a story at most. Appreciate this response was from a while ago but do you concur with Stefan on this point now??

When I see that, I am even more inclined to believe that City only went in with it, to bring it crashing down on the first day. A very calculated high risk strategy by City, that paid off, if it was the case.
The whole episode was shameful, and a bad misjudgement by City. There’s no getting away from that, but we very slightly redeemed ourselves by being the first club to pull out IMO. United, Liverpool and Arsenal were the driving forces from within the English game, and let’s face it, the only reason they pulled out was because it was a PR disaster. Everything they do to this day indicates that they would love nothing more than an opportunity to reignite the idea, if they could get away with it.
IMG_0466.jpeg

The podcast posted on here last night was enlightening if their info was true.

City/ Newcastle are not allowed to have same Nation sponsors and that would be also time barred for the 3 previous seasons.

If that is remotely true we will win this case.
I thought that was only for the initial stages just after the Newcastle takeover. Those emergency rules have been superceded a couple of times now.

The podcast posted on here last night was enlightening if their info was true.

City/ Newcastle are not allowed to have same Nation sponsors and that would be also time barred for the 3 previous seasons.

If that is remotely true we will win this case.
I listened to the Podcast but must have missed the references to the backdating of the rules. Does anyone have a timestamp?

I don't think this framing is unique or special, just came across my timeline, but I think it is as succinct as possible about what is driving so many fans and journalists on this issue.

1000012530.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.