City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I totally disagree. Any statement would be misinterpreted, twisted and seized upon.

City have kept shtum and quite rightly IMHO

Let them mouth off, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

There is a highly dubious video documentary on YouTube which I have ripped into here:

What I missed out above (and ought to add) is that half way through the video the former FD of UEFA is shown saying FFP was only introduced to stop Mamchester City. If this is true, it undermines the claims Platini made to the EU to ensure FFP didn't breach European Law ie he lied to them. The knock on is UEFA FFP could be challenged and overturned. Thus the EPL PSR rules would then undermine English clubs in Europe.

As I say, let them talk, let them contradict themselves and hang themselves. If City don't comment they're limiting further attacks.

WHAT WE NEED TO DO, AS CITY FANS, ALL OVER THE INTERNET, IS SUPPORT OUR CLUB NOT JISTVPOST ON HERE.

We all have social media accounts and many have our own websites and we can all post links in comments of other sites too.

I've done my bit by publishing my website attacking this rubbish. Please support it by linking to it. Of course support other pro City sites and articles by linking to them too.

Support our club by posting comments and links across all Social.Media, websites etc. The more we do the more impartial fans will be aware that there are two sides to this story.

I am annoyed lol really I am!
An interesting snippet from the rebuttal, is the following:
‘Then it is claimed Sheik Mansour is the Deputy Prime Minister (since 2009) and Vice President (since 2023) of the UAE. They don’t mention that he was in neither of these roles when he bought the club in 2008. So the video is now portraying City as being owned by the country of the UAE, not even the state of Abu Dhabi.’

We all know that Sheikh Mansoor bought City with his own wealth, I think an additional point to ram home to the ‘state owned’ fantasy mob, is that in 2008 he had nothing to do with UAE state running either - which is what Delaney et al constantly still claim.

I don't think this framing is unique or special, just came across my timeline, but I think it is as succinct as possible about what is driving so many fans and journalists on this issue.

View attachment 121570
Klopp was engaging in it too on his sendoff.

For arguments sake, let's say those advocating for this are actually serious. The bulk of the charges come pre-2018, before Guardiola-era started, so any actual titles would not be awarded to Arsenal.

I can't understand why some would abstain on something so fundamental to the finance of the game. They don't deserve to have a vote IMHO.
Because they are shit scared of the American red shirted cartel
Similar to the pl and the dippers.

Money money money this is the route cause of all this, even the prick Jordan finishes his long winded opinions with this.

There’s barely a single journalist having the balls to be even slightly impartial because of this.

Slaughter city and watch the clicks and money roll in.

Talkshite has now become a mouthpiece of anti city agenda and even employ cunts like goldbridge who publicly called us cheating cunts!!

Unfortunately we live in a world dominated by greed and whatever the truths of the subject matter if there’s money to be made
These organisations will capitalise on it.

We’ve literally got every journalist, newspaper, sport stories, podcasts, YouTube vids, and almost every fan in the country and abroad against us every fucking day.

Without stefan at least trying to be impartial we’d have nothing right now.

I truly hope we come out of this unscathed
And go after some of the libelous bastards.

Just had a mooch on RAWK.

They’re frantically trying to sort out a situation where them, the rags, Arsenal and Spurs either

a) refuse to take part and “go somewhere else and start our own league up”.

Or

b) all flounce off from the PL and join the EFL.

Even their ideas mean more.
I presume that if their clubs all flounce off to the States entirely, lock, stock & barrel, they'll all be very happy about that?

Yep.

Obviously Chelsea were always going to vote one way on that, but for there to be a majority... I can only think many are going to copy what Chelsea have done now.
Perhaps it's as much because of the wide ranging remit that the PL keep introducing. It could be used to literally block anything that they want or (perhaps more importantly) told to block.

The whole episode was shameful, and a bad misjudgement by City. There’s no getting away from that, but we very slightly redeemed ourselves by being the first club to pull out IMO. United, Liverpool and Arsenal were the driving forces from within the English game, and let’s face it, the only reason they pulled out was because it was a PR disaster. Everything they do to this day indicates that they would love nothing more than an opportunity to reignite the idea, if they could get away with it.
View attachment 121565
Red shirts and their woman pulling out on same day
Nah there’s no cartel

An interesting snippet from the rebuttal, is the following:
‘Then it is claimed Sheik Mansour is the Deputy Prime Minister (since 2009) and Vice President (since 2023) of the UAE. They don’t mention that he was in neither of these roles when he bought the club in 2008. So the video is now portraying City as being owned by the country of the UAE, not even the state of Abu Dhabi.’

We all know that Sheikh Mansoor bought City with his own wealth, I think an additional point to ram home to the ‘state owned’ fantasy mob, is that in 2008 he had nothing to do with UAE state running either - which is what Delaney et al constantly still claim.

Deputy Prime Minister is a low down ceremonial role with no actual power. It just sounds fancy, which is the point.

Vice President is a very powerful role and Mansour was put into that as part of a powerplay by his brother against the Al Maktoum family.

Suggesting we're owned by the UAE is absolutely bonkers and absolutely false. Suggesting we're owned by Abu Dhabi is less bonkers and false. It's fair to say that we were purchased by Sheikh Mansour personally but are an asset of the Al-Nayhan family. The word is that one of his sons, likely Sheikh Hamdan (think hes about 14 now), will be joining the board once they've finished all their schooling and what have you. He's been a fan since birth and has been to quite a lot of City games around the world. Sheikh Mansour is a huge football fan and sports are one of the ways that he seems to spend time with his kids. It has long been rumoured that he wants City to be a thing passed down through his personal family.

My old man used to take me fishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.