City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

When I see that, I am even more inclined to believe that City only went in with it, to bring it crashing down on the first day. A very calculated high risk strategy by City, that paid off, if it was the case.
No. It was a complete and total clusterfuck from the club.
They saw the £££$$$ signs and jumped on board. It was all
about money. Fuck the fans. Fuck the league and it's structure,
show us the money. Exactly the same for all of the clubs involved,
and no different for us. And as for allowing Joel Glazer to publish
an article on the official club website to both defend and support
the project is, for me, unforgivable. Sometimes you can't defend
the indefensible just because its our club.

Had a little conversation with a Rag neighbour last night he said " It's going to ruin the PL and football if you win your case"
Me " Why"
Him " It's getting like Scotland you've won it 6 out of the last 7, it's become unfair"
Me " How fair was it in the 90s when you won it 7 or 8 times with 2 trebles in that?"
Him " Yeh but we brought kids from our academy through"
Me " Foden Lewis Bobb Hamilton just to name a few, and you also just took most of your academy players from other clubs"
Me " Do you think it's right to discriminate? these rules were brought in to stop certain clubs"
Him " It's not fair though it's going to ruin football"
Me " these rules are to stop other clubs challenging the PL cartel, you lot Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea"
Him " But you have a State backing you and endless pots of money"
Me " You have spent more than us a lot more than us, it's not all abut the money it's also how you use it"
Him " I've got to go my lads coming home later".

They all seem to have the same shallow limited argument, I know very little about the 115 charges but I'm 100% behind this action.

If you look at the ethnicity of four of the clubs affected it really says it all , ourselves , Geordies ,Forest and Leicester are from foreign climes with different colour skin , the biggest influence on the Premier league are the Rags ,Dippers Goons all owned by Yanks , and then you look at Chelsea who have admitted issues from a previous owner but are now owned by Yanks and it appears to have all gone quiet regarding their potential punishment
"No room for racism" the much promoted Premier league logo , perhaps they should practice what they preach.
As conspiracy theories go , its provokes some thought.
Smokescreens from the Premier league

No. It was a complete and total clusterfuck from the club.
They saw the £££$$$ signs and jumped on board. It was all
about money. Fuck the fans. Fuck the league and it's structure,
show us the money. Exactly the same for all of the clubs involved,
and no different for us. And as for allowing Joel Glazer to publish
an article on the official club website to both defend and support
the project is, for me, unforgivable. Sometimes you can't defend
the indefensible just because its our club.

Many of us have a different opinion but, unless the facts come out we'll never know. In the meantime, I'll stick with Florentino Perez's inside view;

“There was one of the English clubs who didn’t seem so interested and that spread to the rest. They signed the contract but we could already see that that they were not convinced. And then the avalanche started, the Premier League ‘heating things up’. They said: ‘We’re going to pull out for now.’ There was a club that you could tell wasn’t as interested but they worked with us and signed up.”
Although he had said he would not name the club, when he was asked if it was Manchester City Pérez said: “The one from Manchester saw the campaign saying this will kill the leagues, that it won’t allow [sporting] merit, that it was the end of football. There are people who have privileges and don’t want to lose them, even if it ruins football. When the English called me [on Tuesday], we met to see what we could do. They tried, but said: ‘Look, we’re not going to do this.’”

So the new rules on sponsorship they are trying to push through. If City wanted to be sponsored by a Uae company going forward they can’t because of the location of the owner. However another Premier League club can if their owner isn’t in that country. If so that’s surely uncompetitive giving some clubs access to commercial deals where other clubs can’t. That stinks and I can understand why City and other clubs are pushing back on this.

Well said. I have time and time again on here: City reply to a paper headline instantly is misrepresented on the next day back page and so it goes on. We would just be doing their job for them. Keeping quiet deprived them of the oxygen of the fire. I know we, as fans, don't like it but the best thing we can do is refuse to participate by not buying papers, not listening and responding to Talksh1te etc. We now have a very large, and growing every day, fan base. Advertisers on these media will start to demand a more positive attitude towards us and for us to be shown more as we are becoming more and more famous. The Boss has already mentioned it, we are the most watched club in the US already and businesses will more and more want to be associated with us and will demand to be shown more.

This latest debacle by the PL is them trying to protect the red shirts and will ultimately fail as it will damage the PL.

My post on wishing the Club made a statement was on the day the story came out.

However I've repeatedly said a statement was just a small part.

I think that the clubs PR is terrible. There's no presence in the media from anyone fighting back against the blatant lies.

I mean we've had so called journalists saying this week that City will destroy football as we know it... and there's zero pushback.

The vitriol against the club is unlike anything in football I've ever seen. They're whipping up hatred based on complete lies.

Then these same journalists are frequently at the Etihad and our media team are friends with them.

So i would like City to do more in the media to fight back. As of right now, that's left completely for fans to do, and I don't think that's right.

Are we actually sure there is any real talk of a new rule that stops Etihad or any other UAE company from sponsoring us? Or was it just mentioned by one guy in one podcast?

I listened to the Podcast but must have missed the references to the backdating of the rules. Does anyone have a timestamp?
I don't think that's right. He was talking about something else right after the Newcastle takeover when all the cartel clubs were panicking. Remember? In the end it never happened iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.