City launch legal action against the Premier League

City want a more open competitive league.
3 red tops +1 don't, the press/media support them. They somehow persuade other clubs to believe in the American way.

The Americans are trying to take over OUR game.

Give it a few years and the pl will vote and pass 'that only American owned clubs can be in the pl' there is nothing to stop this.

The narrative in the media is that City go to war or sue the premier league!!! But what do you call those allegations with 116 charges, if this is not war then what is it?

It's a perfectly valid legal challenge to what is actually a breech of UK law.
Their dragging the 115 out simply to effect our transfer business.
They backed themselves into a corner and Master's knows this.
Remember Bosman?

Makes us look greedy and dismissive of the league as a whole.At the same time they are defending the 115 charges too, so I’m sure greater minds than mine are behind this, but it won’t win us any popularity contests.Also, if unlimited spending prevails, we risk turning premier league into La Ligurian or SPL !Not sure how I feel on this.
I feel you have the wrong end of a shitty stick
Firstly City are not campaigning for “unlimited spending” although it wasnt a problem when it was the cartel’s MO
Popularity is irrelevant and too later anyhow
This case is seeking fairness and the return to the Feb 24 status quo
With repect to the 115 then the club have every right to defend its self especially as it claims irrefutable evidence of it’s innocence

Last edited:
Makes us look greedy and dismissive of the league as a whole.At the same time they are defending the 115 charges too, so I’m sure greater minds than mine are behind this, but it won’t win us any popularity contests.Also, if unlimited spending prevails, we risk turning premier league into La Ligurian or SPL !Not sure how I feel on this.
Football is a business and as an owner when your denied the chance to invest in that business do you think that's good?

If you wanted to become the biggest burger restaurant chain in the world, do you think that it's right for McDonalds to stop you investing in your business?

If we win this case, why would our owners want to spend ridiculous amounts and give unrealistic amounts from their partner companies in terms of sponsorship?

That won't happen, but any club has a right to invest what they see fit.

If Stockport County get a billionaire investor and they want to make that club the strongest in the world, what right has anyone to say no?

Competition is king, without that the game is finished.

Last edited:
I’m utterly amazed all football fans are not supporting city with this. If clubs have the money let them spend it & challenge to win things. Money will also trickle to selling clubs in lower leagues who are desperate

I get Utd, arsenal & Liverpool are against it as they spent big cash years ago & set up their dominance but not others.

Media are loving this & twisting every detail to suit their click bait
It's the exact opposite with football fans. The problem is that they swallow what SKY Sports and talkSHITE tell them daily. I won't be surprised if our players get booed at the Euros by the so-called 'England fans'. I really won't.

Wow, and as someone added in reply

He is "quoting a line from a leaked legal document that nobody has seen and is supposed to be completely confidential written by a KC.How is this "City describing themselves" or "a PR own goal"?

Wow, Ian Darke mentions us without saying how much each player cost.

The lispy dickhead must be ill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.