City launch legal action against the Premier League

We don't know much about this case. Little information has been made available and the source of the leak is clearly a self-interested party. Thus, no-one is in a position to say who is right or wrong. However, that has not prevented journalists from telling us City's actions present a Thanos level threat to existence.

The last few days, just in case anyone doubted it, has clearly shown that almost all sports 'journalists' who have commented on this are disingenuous, bad faith actors.

They know City are unable to respond but they throw around accusations rather than suggest that the leak is from a self-interested party or try to look at the issue from City's perspective. At best, they are courtiers working on behalf of a self-interested party. Journalists, they are not. Yet they accuse City of being more concerned about themselves. The hypocrisy is off the scale.
100%

That's a really interesting article, thanks. Perhaps this part explains why City are now claiming compensation:

"Concerns were also raised about the retrospective nature of the rules, given deals entered into within the preceding three years are caught. Objectors referenced the potentially unfair impact on clubs which have ongoing relationships in place with parties that now fall under the ambit of ‘associated party’. These clubs could face not only commercial but also potential legal issues, depending on the nature of these commitments."
In a nutshell. Well done Pinsentmasons and FMwk for posting.

I know me, I know my temper and I know whats capable of coming out of my gob. Nah, I'm keeping schtum.
Just do what I did in Portugal last year. Stood queuing for an ice cream with my daughter, 98 kappa shirt on.. some cockney maggot says "Ooh the cheating club I see". I just said Fuck off you ****! He scurried away and at one point I thought he was gonna cry. I seen him a few times after that and the fucker never made eye contact again. Fuck em!

Stuff leaked out about Everton and Forest before it was announced. Some club Directors are snakes. You can’t trust them. That’s why we must have an independent regulator.
Yep they have a track record of this. If the Panel/enquiry/commission is worth its salt, this is potentially a bad look for the PL

The mitigation is right here in this thread. Anything we give to the PL goes straight to all our rivals, and ends up all over the media.

That won't be accepted by an arbitrator or independent panel. We've done it with CAS remember and they dismissed it, despite being concerned by the UEFA leaks to the NY Times.

Fuck em wear it , if any scouse wanker pipes up its fuck off you murdering cunts.
That is my usual reply to the murdering cunts..
I will wear my shirt with pride and fuck what any **** says..I stick up for my club and give better than I get..
Will put my City towel out as well .bring it on I say..who cares what some pricks who have probably never been to watch the team they purport to support.
CTID..

Going on holiday next week, already decided I'm telling people I'm not into football if coversation turns to who do you support. Even told the Mrs and two grown up kids not butt in if they hear me say it and blab who I support. Really cant arsed with the vitriol, bantz, snide digs, bingo card shite that will likely follow.
Had it this week. As well as the first thing he said was 115, the Liverpool fan from Chesterfield called me a glory hunter. The irony! I just dodged him after that!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.