City launch legal action against the Premier League

And Competition keeps the sport exciting and alive, as always there is a balance.

The problem here is certain clubs don't want to punish us for the betterment of the game they just want to get back to being the dominant force. They just want to be us and everyone else can fuck right off again.

It's a power grab pure and simple but that doesn't mean we should have a free for all.
There is a balance but you can't stop investment.

Clubs even top clubs used to be owned by the local millionaire businessman , that's long gone.

If you don't have a billionaire owning or controlling you , your simply not going to be successful , is that right or wrong, who knows.

The fact remains the billions coming into our league has created an incredible product the world wants to watch, the best players, best managers and the finest stadia and to maintain that you need competition.

We have seen Madrid in La Liga build an incredible stadium, just win their 15th CL to compete with that you need to invest.

Last edited:
There is a balance but you can't stop investment.

Clubs even top clubs used to be owned by the local millionaire businessman , that's long gone.

If you don't have a billionaire owning or controlling you , your simply not going to be successful , is that right or wrong, who knows.

The fact remains the billions coming into our league has created an incredible product the world wants to watch, the best players, best managers and the finest stadia and to maintain that you need competition.

We have seen Madrid in La Liga build an incredible stadium, just win their 16th CL to compete with that you need to invest.
Would you say the balance is right in LaLiga?

I think it was an article on football 365 by a twat called Will Ford about ourselves. If it is this one it contains crass and thoroughly distasteful comments by a cretin called Keith Wyness.
It was a terrible article comparing our rule challenge to Rob Borrows. It was beyond comprehension.

I am sure that I am missing something here, all this talk about unlimited sponsorship and so on but surely all clubs will have to still abide by the UEFA FFP rules. In addition, what about the proposed spending cap in the PL regarding multiples of the lowest teams TV rights.

It seems we are getting shit thrown at us, basically saying we could get billion pound sponsorship deals but how would we be able to spend it anyway?

My feeling is that the ammendment proposed is going to allow the PL to retrospectively go back to existing deals and revalue them or decide themselves the value of future deals.

Would you say the balance is right in LaLiga?
It's a joke but so is the way there league is governed.

How are their clubs Madrid and Barca apart going to compete with the PL?

Why did the other major European club sides want the Super League, because they can't compete with the PL.

Was it really that positive. Thought he was more reserved than earlier appearances and didnt seem to think we’d win this new/upcoming APR Arbitration Panel. Plus that we had made Pannicks job more difficult by distracting him/the rest of the legal team from the 115 case. And this Tyranny statement doesnt sit right, even if its not a key part of the submission, dont see us winning on that one at all.

Maybe ill listen again tomorrow, as getting late but feel a little less positive than i did a week ago. Probably not helped by the frankly ludicrous press reaction….
I thought he made a very interesting point about the voting system.
Everyone assumes City would look for a smaller majority, but it makes more sense that we would be looking for a higher majority to carry a vote or perhaps unanimity.

A smaller majority winning would mean a larger minority could be discriminated against.

He also pointed out this most likely was not said by anyone but was written somewhere in the 150 page submission. The leaked doc report reference is obviously a cut and paste without context of what City are referring to. A bit like the hacked emails.

What I got from Stefan’s piece was; keep your powder dry. There’s no way of knowing for sure what that element of the report is about. It’ll be heard in the tribunal/hearing and full details will be thrashed out by barristers behind closed doors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.