City launch legal action against the Premier League

May have already been mentioned but talk yesterday of the rags speaking up in support of the PL.
Didn't they vote against these rules themselves?

He’ll win his seat back.

Ian Byrne is no longer a Member, but was most recently the Labour MP for Liverpool, West Derby, and left the Commons on 30 May 2024.

The dissolution of Parliament took place on 30th May 2024. There are currently no MPs – all seats in the House of Commons are vacant until after the general election on 4th July 2024. Find information on former members who were MPs at the time Parliament dissolved.

I presume he's standing for re-election in West Derby, Liverpool. Is this his election manifesto?

If Kieran Maguire has seen it, basically every journalist in the country has seen it.

Which means there’s absolutely no excuse for getting it so wrong, and that’s just going by how Maguire has explained it, a completely neutral opinion from someone who is qualified to talk about it.
They deliberately got it wrong for the whole narrative of City bad regardless..

May have already been mentioned but talk yesterday of the rags speaking up in support of the PL.
Didn't they vote against these rules themselves?
They voted with us against the anchoring rules, which affects us and them the most. Another shit show on the horizon.

They deliberately got it wrong for the whole narrative of City bad regardless..

Well if Maguire has read the actual document and he didnt come to the conclusion that this would usher in the 39th game, Super League and stop the EFL getting funded… you have to wonder where the journalists got those ideas?

Last edited:
Who, from any political party, has fought our corner?
It's a fair point. When you have mob rule no one wants to go against the mob. It takes courage to tell the truth. There are very few votes in supporting City in a nation which is polarised and increasingly consumed by xenophobia. The irony is that the last time I can remember coverage like this happening on this scale was the disgusting tabloid coverage which tried to blame Liverpool fans themselves for the Hillsborough disaster. I stress I am not suggesting that you can compare the horrific death of 96 people to City getting a bad press. I am just saying that these sort of hate campaigns are difficult to stop once they get momentum. I am old enough to remember the Birmingham 6 case. There was never a chance of them getting a fair trial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.