City launch legal action against the Premier League

The Chav's will be paying Capital Gains Tax on the sale of the hotel.

I know there's other tax "loopholes" that can diminish the liability but will HMRC just take it up the arse or launch a serious investigation into the abuse the Chav's are taking advantage of, they seem to be getting a free ride from the Premier League and UEFA, it's a piss take.
Limited companies don't pay CGT they would pay corporation tax, but as you say there are ways of reducing that

Does that mean City could sell Carrington to the Sheikh for 200 million and lease it back at a penny a year?
Only if that penny was earned ‘organically’, a properly thrice audited paper trail and signed off by two independent assessors approved by randomly appointed individuals from impartial sources.

Can somebody please repost the podcast from the other day. Was going to listen to it, but forgot. Don't know how far back it is now. Thanks
Probably not the one but this is Stefan on 93:20 unfortunately it requires a sub

Reactions: jrb
Normally I’d agree but given the sheer volume of players and amount they’ve spent on them, I’ve not got much sympathy with Chelsea at all tbh!
Chelsea sell a hotel and pocket the profits, thus reducing their PSR deficit. This is perfectly legal at the time of the transaction. The PL do not approve it but try to pass a new rule to outlaw this type transaction. No doubt if the PL had won the vote, they would have withheld approval, thus effectively applying a new rule retrospectively.
It’s just bonkers, corrupt even. Maybe no sympathy for Chelsea, but you have to accept that they have pulled off a coup. One in the eye for the redshirts. If this had been one of them, you can bet the PL would have approved the transaction and subsequently tried to outlaw any other club doing the same thing.
Masters “Hi Liverpool and Arsenal, MUFC have sold a hotel to themselves. Do you have any plans to do the same?”
dippers and arse: “Yes.”
Masters:”Get on with it then so afterwards we can stop others doing this.”

Given how successful the Premier League is both domestically and internationally I am surprised that no other clubs are challenging rules that crippling their plans to comply with some bizarre PSR rules.
For example, Villa should be strengthening their squad for the oncoming Champions League campaign rather than having to sell key players.
I do think that money in football is a bit crazy but the current versions of FFP, PSR etc. are more about propping up the history club cartels than sensible, fair financial controls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.