City launch legal action against the Premier League

Bloom may well say a City win would be unhelpful.

I'd be more inclined to say that clubs voting in a rule that is discriminatory, and against the law of the land is more unhelpful.
Odd how Newcastle and Villa voted in favour before they received investment and now they’d vote differently. Just rubber stamps your point.

Bloom the bookie manipulating the betting markets shocker.
Yesterday I admitted I didn't know too much about the Rail industry after you questioned me, held my hands up. Will you now do the same after calling Tony Bloom a "bookie", he looks for weakness in betting markets and very successfully exploits that, not the other way around.

The headline and what Tony Bloom actually says are two very different things. I don’t see his comments as being negative at all. Could be me though.
I agree he could be equally getting at the PL and he hasn’t actually said that much.

If Bloom had any real ambition for BHA he’d have fought tooth and nail to keep BHA’s best players. Instead he sells BHA’s best players to other PL clubs. Bloom is happy for BHA to stay in the PL and nothing else.
Bloom has built Brighton by applying a moneyball approach to players. He finds good players on the cheap (using similar algorithms to Starlizard) and sells them at a huge profit.He then uses that profit to buy even better players and so on. Brighton and Brentford have shown it’s the only way smaller clubs can compete with the rich elite.

So it’s not a case of no ambition, that is the business model.

Slagging off Brighton and their owner is a total irrelevancy. They are obviously a good and well run club.

I might be making 2+2 into a lot more than 5 here but I see that quote (which I've only seen in isolation) as potentially positive for City. He may well already know what has happened and is theoriszing about what happens if City win, not the other way round. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here.

Slagging off Brighton and their owner is a total irrelevancy. They are obviously a good and well run club.

I might be making 2+2 into a lot more than 5 here but I see that quote (which I've only seen in isolation) as potentially positive for City. He may well already know what has happened and is theoriszing about what happens if City win, not the other way round. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here.
I've not seen the Athletic article that it actually comes from but the only quote from Bloom in the MEN (presuming they've not altered anything for "effect") is:-

Bloom said: "I don’t want to talk too much about that because it has gone to arbitration and we are going to get a ruling on that soon. We [Brighton] are outsiders.

"Each club, legally, are able to do that. I don’t think it’s great for the reputation of the Premier League, but these things happen. We have to see how the legal process develops. I don’t think it will be helpful for the Premier League to lose the case, but we are going to find out the outcome soon."

It's pointless reading anything into his actual meaning on such a short soundbite, it's certainly not worth getting all heated up over it.

I read it as it's not good for the league as a whole if the people who run it have their rules challenged and are beaten. It doesn't matter whether it's us in this case or anyone else. Ultimately he's right as it undermines the authority of the league. We need a league where the organisation that runs it creates fair rules that are followed and stand up against any challenges. The problem is, the rules are bollocks.

Man City told when they will learn outcome of Premier League court case

Who the funk does bloom think he is?

Does he not realise how shit the Premier League are making themselves look with how they are conducting things?

I like Brighton but this little gobshite is a no mark.
He thinks he is James Flora Brown

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.