City launch legal action against the Premier League

I don't see anything desperately wrong or overtly critical of us in what Bloom said. It's clearly unhelpful to the financial regulation process when rules seemingly introduced without proper consultation and oversight are challenged, particularly if that challenge is successful.

The issue of a vote influenced largely by self-interest, or groupthink, isn't a good basis for effective regulation. If turkeys were given a vote on the abolition of Thanksgiving or Christmas, I think we could confidently predict a decent majority in favour. The problem in the PL is that some turkeys (Villa, Everton, Newcastle) did vote in favour of keeping Thanksgiving and Xmas, and when they've about to be stuck in the oven, have realised their mistake.

He also said something else interesting on the subject of financial regulation, talking about the introduction of the new player cost rules: "I think it makes sense. Everyone is asking to have things more real-time rather than sanctions based on a previous season. No one is a fan of points deductions as well — they can still happen, but with the real-time nature of what the new rules will look like, I think the fans will understand it better and it is better for the Premier League as a whole."

I've said for a while that looking at the bottom line three years ago is sod-all use.
He doesn’t not want the rules challenged but the rules could be illegal. I do not think he even wants the rules to work properly if he did he would be ok with us challenging them to make sure they work and if they do not get them changed

Can you explain in simpleton terms just how they can consistently find good players on the cheap, players that much bigger clubs with huge scouting networks and youth systems seem to have overlooked?
I think this is the point. Their "business model" is rather precarious: I remember Fat Sam answering praise on his success at Bolton by telling his admirers that Bolton relied on astute exploitation of loans. So far, he said, "it's gone well but the first time I get it wrong we're in big trouble". I think it's the same with high turnover through transfers - great when it goes well but trouble is just round the corner. And FFP and PSR seem to mean fewer players are available.

I think this is the point. Their "business model" is rather precarious: I remember Fat Sam answering praise on his success at Bolton by telling his admirers that Bolton relied on astute exploitation of loans. So far, he said, "it's gone well but the first time I get it wrong we're in big trouble". I think it's the same with high turnover through transfers - great when it goes well but trouble is just round the corner. And FFP and PSR seem to mean fewer players are available.
I still don't really understand how it can even work in the first place as a business model, without the much bigger clubs identifying and snatching up these hidden gem players before the likes of Brighton or Brentford even get chance.

I suppose it is, as you say, just down to luck.. I imagine all small clubs try to identify hidden gems but occasionally the stars align for certain clubs and they manage to have a run of unearthing an exceptional number of just such players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.