City launch legal action against the Premier League

What makes me laugh is rags, scousers and Tarquins saying if City win this case, and are found not guilty in the 115, that they’ll stop following football, as if that should be something I’d find troubling. Can you imagine our response if 15 years ago someone had said you’ll be so successful in the next 15 years that lots of glory hunters will be so pissed off they will have to find new pastimes. The more gloryhunters that stop, the better as far as I’m concerned.
It’s also completely disingenuous. None of them will stop following football. They’ll just grumble about the decision ad nauseum, and continue to use it as an excuse for their own teams’ failings.

It’s also completely disingenuous. None of them will stop following football. They’ll just grumble about the decision ad nauseum, and continue to use it as an excuse for their own teams’ failings.
The beauty of it is, the more we point it out to them the more they stick their fingers in their ears and scream injustice.

They still revere that bullying git over there, completely ignoring the mess he left them in and the stitch up he left for moyes. He had a clear choice, leave a legacy or spunk it all on beating city and going out on a high, he chose the latter and they've suffered from it. I think I'm actually ok with it though. Carry on!

Quite, quite and quite to each of your points.

And if I might add a case in point too.. I recall the creation of FCUM as a response to events over at the Red Filth's gaff after the Glazers got the keys to the place.

Several friends (and indeed my own brother-in-law, sadly now passed) threw their lot in with the new club and all it (supposedly) stood for as a beacon* of truth, hope and honesty in the increasingly corrupt financial mess that English football was about to become as the 'money men' were taking over (their words or thereabouts at the time..)

However, did they actually stop watching or supporting United thereafter?

Not a bit of it.

Mostly via television, occasionally at the games themselves, they ALL continued to cheer on their original team, whilst claiming that they had the wider interests of the game at heart in their support of the developing FCUM enterprise. They continued supporting the 'United brand name' in whichever iteration it has presented since the Glazers' arrival, whether the original club or the youth team or the women's team or FCUM and so on and so on..

Not one of them has ever given up on The Red Filth. And it will be exactly the same for the Scousers, the Tarquins, whoever else they support, once this farrago of lies and distortions is against our club is sorted once and for all and in our favour.

I rest my case, M'Lud..

(* re 'beacon of truth'.. I may have got this wrong.. perhaps they were initially attracted by the offer of 'free bacon butties' at the early meetings..)

What makes me laugh is rags, scousers and Tarquins saying if City win this case, and are found not guilty in the 115, that they’ll stop following football, as if that should be something I’d find troubling. Can you imagine our response if 15 years ago someone had said you’ll be so successful in the next 15 years that lots of glory hunters will be so pissed off they will have to find new pastimes. The more gloryhunters that stop, the better as far as I’m concerned.
they only watch on telly anyway most of them

Quite, quite and quite to each of your points.

And if I might add a case in point too.. I recall the creation of FCUM as a response to events over at the Red Filth's gaff after the Glazers got the keys to the place.

Several friends (and indeed my own brother-in-law, sadly now passed) threw their lot in with the new club and all it (supposedly) stood for as a beacon* of truth, hope and honesty in the increasingly corrupt financial mess that English football was about to become as the 'money men' were taking over (their words or thereabouts at the time..)

However, did they actually stop watching or supporting United thereafter?

Not a bit of it.

Mostly via television, occasionally at the games themselves, they ALL continued to cheer on their original team, whilst claiming that they had the wider interests of the game at heart in their support of the developing FCUM enterprise. They continued supporting the 'United brand name' in whichever iteration it has presented since the Glazers' arrival, whether the original club or the youth team or the women's team or FCUM and so on and so on..

Not one of them has ever given up on The Red Filth. And it will be exactly the same for the Scousers, the Tarquins, whoever else they support, once this farrago of lies and distortions is against our club is sorted once and for all and in our favour.

I rest my case, M'Lud..

(* re 'beacon of truth'.. I may have got this wrong.. perhaps they were initially attracted by the offer of 'free bacon butties' at the early meetings..)
The bacon of truth….much better tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.