City launch legal action against the Premier League

I have absolutely zero insight but if the PL rules were on genuinely shaky legal ground, I feel that Newcastle would have challenged them when they came in 3 years ago. These rules were very clearly brought in to stop Newcastle, the meeting to vote on them was called almost the same day the takeover got approved.

Reading through, it doesn't sound all that convincing to the layman.

It's worth remembeing City didn't vote in favour of the rules at the time though and the papers said this was because they thought it wasn't legal. So it's not a new theory at the club.

Other than that it's interesting that it's come from Lowton not Ziegler as the latter has had all big scoops for City v PL lately. And the reporter has clearly seen the actual documents and quoted from them.
Were Newcastle in a similar position to ourselves when ffp was introduced by Uefa. They would have wanted to challenge it, but the time that it would have taken to over turn it would have been detrimental to NUFC especially after waiting 3 years for the EPL to accept the Saudi takeover.

This should help club's image, sigh. Seems so unnecessary to me. Unless they've got real dirt, which I doubt. Exhausting being a City fan.

Is fair market value a bad thing, really? Or is it not being used fairly?
Agreed - we don’t have to defend the club on everything, this seems desperate and the line about the club believing that sponsors linked to club owners should be allowed to determine how much they pay doesn’t come across well at all.

Yes - but if we didn't have to comply with FMV we could have had much more lucrative deals. So if we can prove that FMV is unlawful we might be entitled to damages. At least I think that's the logic.
Sorry I hadn't finished the full post yet(must have had the post button highlight when I pressed enter) for the full argument. Edited now. It starts off by pointing to the 2021 rule changes: The Associated Party Transaction rules. In that, there was said to be something around showing competing bids of equal value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.