City launch legal action against the Premier League

I have challenged the BBC's latest biased piece about City because it does not note that the 115 breaches are allegations.

The original text is...

The move comes a matter of months before a Premier League disciplinary commission will hear over 100 charges against City for breaching its financial regulations, some of which date back to 2009.

I have suggested they change it to...

The move comes a matter of months before a Premier League disciplinary commission will hear over 100 charges against City for allegedly breaching its financial regulations, some of which date back to 2009.

Some may see this as trivial, but as a licence payer I want to see that the BBC still retains some integrity and correct them when they show bias against City....

The leak would constitute a contempt of court. I expect it to be addressed at the hearing
The leak is a serious breach of confidentiality but I'm not sure it can be contempt because it is not a criminal trial and there is no jury. It is usually held that judges and senior lawyers are too experienced to allow themselves to be influenced by media coverage.

https://archive.ph/AxMRI#selection-3019.0-3023.226

So annoying reading this horseshit, considering the UK press helped United demonise and diminish the achievements of first Blackburn, then Chelsea and then City during United's reign as the dominant club, for years(all because Fergie had them eating out of his hand). They made out investment was something new, "bought it" became a common phrase, which they'd use to suggest those clubs did something unfair on 'poor honest United'. I worked out, while tearing a Liverpool's fan to shreds(the 'I hate United but..." bullshit), for trying to boil it down to a "monopoly that lasted 5 years", that:

Without those 3 clubs, who 'bought success' and 'ruined football', United would have won 17 out of the first 21 PL seasons.

Since the first PL season ended in 93, maybe it's time we started counting the decades that way, for comparison's sake?

First decade,1993-2002: United won 7 out of 10 titles. They did a back to back twice(Twiiiiice!) in the first 5 years and then a 3-peat. Blackburn's single title win(where United were runners up), meant they were only the only club stopping United kicking off the PL era with a 5 in a row. And they still moaned and had the press fighting their corner.

Second decade, 2003-2012: United won 5 out of 10 titles, which included another 3-peat. Chelsea in 2006 and 2010, then City in 2012, were the only clubs stopping United rounding off that decade of PL football with 6 in a row. And again, the press were fighting firmly in United's corner, saying those clubs were harming the league, rather than making it more competitive.

Third decade, 2013-2022: United won in 2013, which would have marked a 7 in a row for United. City were the only club stopping United(even though they weren't really close or that good) winning the title twice in that decade. City stopped Liverpool winning the title 3 times in much closer title races. City won 5 out of 10 titles in that decade. Which included 1 back to back at the mid-way point and they ended it with another.

4th decade, 2023-2032: So far, City have picked up the first 2 titles, which marked a 4-peat, which started at the end of the last decade. City have stopped Arsenal winning the title twice, so far.

The pattern with the press narrative in all of this, seems to be that anyone who stops United, Liverpool or Arsenal winning a title, is ruining football and must doing something wrong.

Although, it was probably always coming after Fergie retired, City's and Chelsea's accumulative effect on United's dominance, could have swiftened their decline and had an influence on the timing on Fergie's departure as manager. It could be said, many clubs, including Spurs and Leicester, did things that might not have been possible without someone breaking up the status-quo. The powers that be, probably wanted an Arsenal or Liverpool to be passed the torch but it was too chaotic for any such plans to be made.

The PL became the most watched league in world football in the 2010s, off the back of the competition brought about by City and Chelsea(even Neville has admitted this, in so many words). I've seen some denying this but who would deny there were plenty of Brits obsessed with Italian football during the 90s? Same as there were with Spanish football in the 00s, where they had Pep's Barca and Real's Galactico's. They were the glamour leagues that were looked up to, in those decades. Now, English football is the league that is looked up to or envied at least and it's not solely off the backs of United, Liverpool or Arsenal, as some "cretins" in the press would tell it.

Edit: I couldn't find a way to fit in the irony of the 'immeasurable damage to the PL' emotional plea. To use their favourite phrase: But what about City?

PL came most watched despite La Liga having Messi & Ronaldo - let that sink in.

We do have support from other fans.

I'm so sick of the never ending soap opera with these charges that when I saw the news today, it took me a while to actually bother reading up on it.

What I saw from various threads on twitter and subsequent comments was more support from other fans than I had expected, including some Villa and Everton fans. The overwhelming majority of negative comments were coming from the fans of the red shirt teams, as is to be expected. There are millions of them and they are almost militant in their social media activity, but that doesn't make them right.

I've no idea how any of this will play out, but I'd love to be able to forget about it and just go back to thinking about football. Sadly that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

It’s doing my tits in now I’ll be honest. I’ve been bullish from day one and revelled in our success and the red cartel/media bitter tears from 2012 onwards when they cry about money this and cheating that but I’ll be honest it’s starting to drain me.
I’m not sure about the clubs timing on this either, why would you go guns blazing at the premier league 4 months before the case is heard for the 115? No wonder the media and rival fans are lapping it up.

All this mess because a club and owner decided it wanted to pump its own money in risk free and dare challenge the red cartel all while bringing in the best players/coaches/ facilities and regenerating east Manchester. WANKERS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.