City launch legal action against the Premier League

I have always maintained that the club do the right thing in not rising to the comments in the media directly, especially with our breaches regarding non-cooperation i think it is important that we keep our council.

However the media storm and miss truths being peddled this week are outragous, I would be comfortable of the club issued a statement just stating that "we are aware of the comments made in the media and would remind everyone that this is an ongoing case that will be judged in accordance with law and any statements being made are based on leaked documentation and from a one sided perspective".

The Daily Mail reports that Manchester City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Everton, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United voted against the Premier League in a recent shareholders' meeting. Crystal Palace and Burnley reportedly abstained.

that was from the initial vote in Feb, but not offically confirmed anywhere i can find.

Thanks for sharing that, an excellent read and as it's a legal reflection a very balanced position too.

What Alex crook has just said on talk sport was an absolute disgrace! Saying genuine fans and club staff are ashamed of the club and that we are destroying football. I can’t believe they are being allowed to do this. I know most blues don’t care and enjoy the ‘piss boiling’ but it’s really upsetting me this daily shit and is affecting my mental health.

As much as everyone is saying the voting system is fine, if you're one of the clubs that is consistently shat on by votes being put forward that you disagree on, it could become very unfair and tiresome real quick. Especially if the others are colluding on both the topics to be voted on and the way they will collectively vote. Shit, if there are chief whips in the Commons, God only knows the pressure that is put on voters to comply in the shady corridors of the Premier League .

When John Stuart Mill referred to the tyranny of the majority, it was not some throw away point (On Liberty is probably one of the most important three books on the issue of political philosophy. It's a seminal text). He was highlighting a key issues with majority rule. From City's perspective, the reference to tyranny of the majority highlights a failure in governance. Maybe an extension of this is the need for an independent regular. Some have laughed off the reference as they do not understand it (evidenced by the misuse of the term by a number of journalists although they give the impression they are well read on the issue) but it is a key point from a perspective of fairness. I can only argue on the point of 'fairness' as I know the square root of bugger all about the legal aspects of competition. With law based on morality, among other things like protecting the interests of the rich ;), you would therefore expect this point to be considered seriously by the arbitration committee/panel rather than treated as a throw away comment.

Anyway, #buyacoffee

Just ask them to name a charge, usually works for me and the conversation ends there.
It just shows though how easily led by the media some people are. It always used to be " top four " now it's " top 6". These supporters spouting shite talking about "history " like to maintain it's " cheating " because City broke the " rules" rules that didn't exist for over a hundred years while the " history " clubs outspent their competition. It started decades ago. These clubs are still benefitting today with decisions because it's " good for the brand ". I have even seen " competitive balance" mentioned, which hasn't existed for decades, if it ever did.

Alex Crook (United fan) todays TalkSport host sticking the boot in. Most of it absolute nonsense. Needs calling out!

wtf are talk sport on about real city fans are embarresed! Utter bollox

Saying the sheik is buying himself out of trouble like he always does! Wow their exact word wtf sue these too city

Let’s say we could spend what we want our squad would still be the same. We wouldn’t have any different players than we do so what is the media’s point.

City are saying rich clubs can not run the show which is what’s happened since the. 90s

The media fall out is mental & the narrative is so wrong!

Fans are being brain washed by prem league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.