City launch MLS Franchise

SoCalBlue said:
SJT said:
Why Always Ste said:
Are we Mancs or are we Yanks, if football isn't geography - what is it?

Well to be honest, there are lots of us that are both. w/ love the Hollywood Supporters club :D

I didn't write that :-S

Another shit thing is on TalkShite... Not once have they mentioned about NYCFC.

it's been last on the news bulletin, but not discussion or even a mention by the presenters.

Mancs & Yanks

1z3mf0h.jpg

GXCity said:
This is how it is to be City,
this is how it is to be Manc,
we own two clubs and your clubs owned by the bank, own by the bank

like it!!!

Why Always Ste said:
Think this is a great idea for the "long term" future of City.

But not in Manchester...

I just have a nagging feeling that The MLS will grow and continue to grow, eventually NYCFC will become the dominant team (over MCFC)

Just feels like we've been a guinea pig for ADUG.

Also, Yankees partnered with The Rags a few years ago... I remember as I had a Yankees baseball cap that I threw in the bin when they partnered with 'em

That won't be for a long time. "Soccer" is currently the second most popular sport for young people, but that will take another generation before it starts to eclipse the big 3.

Once MLS players start getting paid like NBA/NFL/MLB, watch out. Because there are plenty of incredible athletes who can't make it in those sports, athletes whose ability to jump 40" is the only hope for their families. The poverty motivator here is similar to Brazil. But even our young fans have allegiances to European clubs. Their dream is to play in Europe, not America.

As an American who lived in Manchester for a year, just off Maine Road, within 1 min walking of Platt Lane training complex, I am very excited that City is part of a franchise in the USA. Football/Soccer has exploded in the USA over the past years, I cannot see how it is bad that City wanted to get in on the growth and build the brand in the USA. How the link with the Yankees will turn out for both sides is yet to be seen. I can only see this as a good thing for the club.

Why Always Ste said:
SoCalBlue said:
SJT said:
Are we Mancs or are we Yanks, if football isn't geography - what is it?

Well to be honest, there are lots of us that are both. w/ love the Hollywood Supporters club :D

I didn't write that :-S

Fixed. Not sure what happened there....<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Haze said:
Why Always Ste said:
Think this is a great idea for the "long term" future of City.

But not in Manchester...

I just have a nagging feeling that The MLS will grow and continue to grow, eventually NYCFC will become the dominant team (over MCFC)

Just feels like we've been a guinea pig for ADUG.

Also, Yankees partnered with The Rags a few years ago... I remember as I had a Yankees baseball cap that I threw in the bin when they partnered with 'em

That won't be for a long time. "Soccer" is currently the second most popular sport for young people, but that will take another generation before it starts to eclipse the big 3.

Once MLS players start getting paid like NBA/NFL/MLB, watch out. Because there are plenty of incredible athletes who can't make it in those sports, athletes whose ability to jump 40" is the only hope for their families. The poverty motivator here is similar to Brazil. But even our young fans have allegiances to European clubs. Their dream is to play in Europe, not America.

And also here in America there are large portions of the latest generations of immigrants and there kids who've grown up on Football... especially from Mexico and Latin America. Plus the exposure of the sport continues to grow here on Television. The premier league is very popular and the Champions League is now a fixture. With TV coverage of the EPL moving to NBC I'm sure it will just continue.

Incredible news that it is City who are the stakeholder in this.

Coupled with the partnership with the Yankees, this thing will eventually make more money than the Manchester operation, which is the objective.

In America, they are a nation of dreams and builders, whereas in Europe, there will always be rules implemented to keep the status quo amongst the elite.

This really is genius. The amount of business who will want to be associated with this is escaping most people, certainly the wider media.

Think about it. The stadium build costs nothing towards FFPR.

Yet we can cream the majority of the naming rights for the stadium, the CITC training academies, the shirt sponsors.

You're talking at least £500m in revenues and real estate spin-offs, concerts etc.

I wonder how long we will let this drag out before a stadium and the brand is worth an additional £500m just selling it on!

We dictate the profits and the Yankees don't do anything unless there's money in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.