City launch MLS Franchise

Why Always Ste said:
Think this is a great idea for the "long term" future of City.

But not in Manchester...

I just have a nagging feeling that The MLS will grow and continue to grow, eventually NYCFC will become the dominant team (over MCFC)

Just feels like we've been a guinea pig for ADUG.

Also, Yankees partnered with The Rags a few years ago... I remember as I had a Yankees baseball cap that I threw in the bin when they partnered with 'em
Think Soriano states in his book that there were plans for Barcelona to take over a franchise in the MLS. I don't think we're being used as a stepping stone whatsoever.

Why Always Ste said:

But not in Manchester...

I just have a nagging feeling that The MLS will grow and continue to grow, eventually NYCFC will become the dominant team (over MCFC)

Also, Yankees partnered with The Rags a few years ago... I remember as I had a Yankees baseball cap that I threw in the bin when they partnered with 'em

Really?

Why Always Ste said:

But not in Manchester...

No way. NYCFC owned by Manchester City !!

Why Always Ste said:

But not in Manchester...

This - Sad but true

Are we Mancs or are we Yanks, if football isn't geography - what is it?

fathellensbellend said:
markbmcfc said:
fathellensbellend said:
am i the only one who cannot muster an ounce of interest in this.

How can you not be interested in City, given where we have come from, doing something as unprecedented as starting a new football club in probably the most popular City in the world?

It's nothing short of amazing.

i would have sooner had a team that could have been arsed to win the cup, i would sooner have a club that doesnt start ticket prices at 49 quid for teams like norwich, and if the cost keeps spiralling i wont have a team to watch in england, never mind bloody america.

if this is what it takes to meet ffp, then what a load of bollox, and for the record the kit should be launched amongst the fans who shell out all year, not amongst a load of strangers, who's money you are desperate for because of platini's stupid ideas. Sorry for the rant, modern football is becoming a big turn off.
Dinosaur

jake28 said:
Why Always Ste said:

But not in Manchester...

Really?

In terms of Worldwide appeal and so on - yes.

Right now we play in the more renowned worldwide league but I can see this changing long term.

I'm not talking about in the next 5yrs... 15/20yrs

still can't get my head round this.

2006/07 seems decades ago.

wozzablue said:
this is how it feels to be city...
This is how it feels to be small...
We own two clubs, you only on one you dirty, horrible fcucking red scum twat.s!!!!
funny, get it going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.