City launch MLS Franchise

blupoo said:
mcfc2112 said:
blupoo said:
I'm assuming the badge would be the same as the icon on the nycfc web site is the city badge

The three stripes on our badge represent the 3 rivers in Manchester...New York has 2 - the Hudson and the East River...

Need to avoid the Statue of Liberty...as that's actually in New Jersey...

yeah, i'm just going off the icon for their site mate

They could use the American bald eagle...?

I can announce here .... that i'm honoured to be the designer of the NYCFC crest ...

only kidding ......... but you know i had to do something .... no one else has done them a crest yet ....

c1ty.jpg

Bollocks, I already support Impact de Montreal, with the missus being from there and all. Conflict time :/

SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
momo88 said:
Are you for real ! :) or just have to say something different ? who is the owner of mcfc ?
of course it will benefit mcfc it's not a rocket science to figure out
There's no guarantee at all that it will benefit MCFC

There are sporting franchises in the US which run at a big loss. And they are local "experts"

If it was guaranteed to make money, then why hasn't an American investor come forward?
They have you tit. We beat off competition from many looking to buy in, including the Cosmos.

And there is a guarantee it will benefit City. It raises our profile for sure. It certainly cannot work against City in any way shape or form.

how in the world anybody thinks this wont benefit Manchester city need to pull there head from there arse.

Tbilisi said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
I can announce here .... that i'm honoured to be the designer of the NYCFC crest ...

only kidding ......... but you know i had to do something .... no one else has done them a crest yet ....

c1ty.jpg

Awesome that mate

Some won't like the shield :)

quiet_riot said:
Joehannes said:
quiet_riot said:
Who else thinks they could get a game for an MLS club?!
Not me and I'm not bad.

MLS is worse than League 2.

It isn't, and in any case this is short term thinking.

With demographics changing in America with more Hispanic, Latino, Filipino people etc, tastes are changing and football will get bigger.

They already get bigger crowds at MLS stadiums than some Championship clubs.

It might not benefit us immediately, but the guys in charge are thinking long term.<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 7:41 pm --<br /><br />
markbmcfc said:
Not sure if this has been said yet, but how much are we betting Garry Cook ends up there?

He won't.

He's recently taken up a post with the UFC and is building the company here and in Europe. He was the one who got them on the new BT Sports channels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.