City launch MLS Franchise

nwhn3 said:
Tbilisi said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
I can announce here .... that i'm honoured to be the designer of the NYCFC crest ...

only kidding ......... but you know i had to do something .... no one else has done them a crest yet ....

c1ty.jpg

Awesome that mate

Some won't like the shield :)
I would love to see their badge being pretty much identicle to ours to demonstrate their association , but I'm really crappy on photoshop if anyone fancies a go ;)

Just a thought.

Is MLS subject to Financial Fair Play ?

If not, the scope for advertising / sponsorship in America may be large / unlimited.

Assuming the franchise is profitable, send some profit back here.

Also, since the club statement indicates the clubs will help each other, will some players be making appearances in america for a share of wages ? Will we use it for players just short of the English first team ?

Sure there are more ways but it seems a possibility.

FFPR experts, thoughts please .

Marvin said:
Almost every single UK adventure into the USA fails disastrously

I don't know why but it does. Perhaps it's due to management resources and not knowing the market?

This happens all the time in business. A UK company sets up in the USA to expand it's business and ends up selling it's US operation and concentrating on it's core business. Most recent example is Tesco.

Just adding a bit of balance to the discussion!

I think the Beatles did reasonably well ?

And they love our British Actors over here.

Just adding a bit more balance :)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Incredible news that it is City who are the stakeholder in this.

Coupled with the partnership with the Yankees, this thing will eventually make more money than the Manchester operation, which is the objective.

In America, they are a nation of dreams and builders, whereas in Europe, there will always be rules implemented to keep the status quo amongst the elite.

This really is genius. The amount of business who will want to be associated with this is escaping most people, certainly the wider media.

Think about it. The stadium build costs nothing towards FFPR.

Yet we can cream the majority of the naming rights for the stadium, the CITC training academies, the shirt sponsors.

You're talking at least £500m in revenues and real estate spin-offs, concerts etc.

I wonder how long we will let this drag out before a stadium and the brand is worth an additional £500m just selling it on!

We dictate the profits and the Yankees don't do anything unless there's money in it.
Not going to lie, this gave me a semi. It almost sounds too good to be true, but you're spot on. The intrastructure costs don't count towards FFP, but we get shit loads of sponsorhip deals, and take in the majority of the profits. Holy fucking shit. You can imagine the NYCFC stadium will eventually have it's own "campus", sponsored of course. It really is astonishing. Can't believe what City is becoming, the way we are going to grow. Really cannot believe it!

Impeccable One said:
Marvin said:

I don't know why but it does. Perhaps it's due to management resources and not knowing the market?

This happens all the time in business. A UK company sets up in the USA to expand it's business and ends up selling it's US operation and concentrating on it's core business. Most recent example is Tesco.

As per my previous post, no balance needed. He's simply wrong.<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 pm --<br /><br />
Impeccable One said:
Marvin said:

As per my previous post, no balance needed. He's simply wrong.

But whatever you think about this it's one of the biggest signs how big is City already and how big will it be in the future. I need one of those "One just doesn't start a business with Yankees so easily"..

Some rags will be very surprised when they finally figure out what a monster is growing in their neighborhood.

Impeccable One said:
Marvin said:

Impeccable One said:
Marvin said:

Henkeman said:
Impeccable One said:
Marvin said:

Quadruple post !?

Impeccable One said:
Marvin said:

Yep, I think the idea is to initially tap into the direct NYC market rather than expect a cultural shift throughout the USA, which is notoriously difficult economically and culturally - something that Tesco found to be extremely difficult.

Quite a few major UK brands have been successful in NYC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.