City launch MLS Franchise

Keith Moon said:
BlueCanuck said:
Keith Moon said:
"and announce the first member of NYCFC’s front office staff"
Pls dear god, not Becks...

Soriano was directly asked today: "Beckham has not been approached and will not be involved in any form"

Thanks, now I can sleep tonight..
Could be Cantona jumping ship from the Cosmos' organization.

SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
momo88 said:
Are you for real ! :) or just have to say something different ? who is the owner of mcfc ?
of course it will benefit mcfc it's not a rocket science to figure out
There's no guarantee at all that it will benefit MCFC

There are sporting franchises in the US which run at a big loss. And they are local "experts"

If it was guaranteed to make money, then why hasn't an American investor come forward?
They have you tit. We beat off competition from many looking to buy in, including the Cosmos.

And there is a guarantee it will benefit City. It raises our profile for sure. It certainly cannot work against City in any way shape or form.

Also, it is bound to increase the proportion of middle-class fans following City globally, which cannot be a bad thing.

Chairman Wesker said:
Henkeman said:
Impeccable One said:
I think the Beatles did reasonably well ?

And they love our British Actors over here.

Just adding a bit more balance :)

As per my previous post, no balance needed. He's simply wrong.

Quadruple post !?

Think the site toppled over just as I was trying to send! Apologies...

Hate to be a downer but I just cannot see this as a big deal. Football will NEVER reach the heights of even pro basketball here. Hope it does benefit City in the long run. Still dont know where they are going to play. The stadium in Flushing/Corona is still a pipe dream and there is local opposition to it.

I said before if Bloomberg really wanted this to go through, it would. But he is out the door soon and the next Mayor will be chosen from a real bunch of lightweight loser politcian/hacks.

Doesn't that "piece" from the express tell you everything ?
While our club improves , and expands to unknown strength and size , the same old sad, bitter backward crap is peddled by the sad pissed old hacks from our so called press.
( the sheikh's business interests in NY seem to do better than other "British" ones - he owns the Chrysler building)!

Henkeman said:
Chairman Wesker said:
Henkeman said:
As per my previous post, no balance needed. He's simply wrong.

Quadruple post !?

Haha was only joking mate don't know what happend there to be honest!

Any yanks know if it will be an issue with "football club" at the end of the name as oposed to soccer as it isin the U.S

Chairman Wesker said:
Henkeman said:
Chairman Wesker said:
Quadruple post !?

Any yanks know if it will be an issue with "football club" at the end of the name as oposed to soccer as it isin the U.S
No, despite what many wish to believe we pick up things as quickly as any other country does. Fans of European football already know what it's called.

Chairman Wesker said:
Henkeman said:
Chairman Wesker said:
Quadruple post !?

Quite a few existing MLS teams have "FC" in their name. As far as I can remember, none has the word "Soccer" in the name, even though they would all describe themselves as soccer clubs.

taconinja said:
Chairman Wesker said:
Henkeman said:

No, despite what many wish to believe we pick up things as quickly as any other country does. Fans of European football already know what it's called.

I know americans know what it means i meant will americans turn their nose up at it being called football club when in america it isn't a football club if you see what i mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.