City launch MLS Franchise

HellasLEAF said:
so what does this mean for Cosmos then??

Their owners said that they want to concentrate on building themselves up for the 2nd division. It quite possibly means there's no space for them in MLS while they remain in NYC, but like many US franchises I guess they could just move somewhere else.

i see it as a win win, great for publicity and exposure for us. always place to dump some of our deadwood in future as they pay silly wages out there

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
I can announce here .... that i'm honoured to be the designer of the NYCFC crest ...

only kidding ......... but you know i had to do something .... no one else has done them a crest yet ....

c1ty.jpg

"City, City the best team in New York and Manchester".................

HellasLEAF said:
They're in the NASL and don't seem to have the wherewithal or cash to make a jump to the MLS.<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 4:19 pm --<br /><br />
Falastur said:
HellasLEAF said:

Their owners said that they want to concentrate on building themselves up for the 2nd division. It quite possibly means there's no space for them in MLS while they remain in NYC, but like many US franchises I guess they could just move somewhere else.
Or just wait for Red Bull to collapse. I wouldn't mind seeing NYC FC v Cosmos. :)

Falastur said:
Chairman Wesker said:
Henkeman said:
Think the site toppled over just as I was trying to send! Apologies...

Haha was only joking mate don't know what happend there to be honest!

Any yanks know if it will be an issue with "football club" at the end of the name as oposed to soccer as it isin the U.S

Quite a few existing MLS teams have "FC" in their name. As far as I can remember, none has the word "Soccer" in the name, even though they would all describe themselves as soccer clubs.

Yeah so they do fair point and i know that because i'm going to dallas, texas in 2 weeks to work for the summer and the local team is FC Dallas. Yeah fair enough. I wasn't being a prick just the information we were given was that americans really won't like it if i refer to a soccer as football ect was just curious.

Chairman Wesker said:
taconinja said:
Chairman Wesker said:

Any yanks know if it will be an issue with "football club" at the end of the name as oposed to soccer as it isin the U.S
No, despite what many wish to believe we pick up things as quickly as any other country does. Fans of European football already know what it's called.

I know americans know what it means i meant will americans turn their nose up at it being called football club when in america it isn't a football club if you see what i mean.
Ah. No, we won't care. :)<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm --<br /><br />
Chairman Wesker said:
Falastur said:
Chairman Wesker said:

Quite a few existing MLS teams have "FC" in their name. As far as I can remember, none has the word "Soccer" in the name, even though they would all describe themselves as soccer clubs.

Yeah so they do fair point and i know that because i'm going to dallas, texas in 2 weeks to work for the summer and the local team is FC Dallas. Yeah fair enough. I wasn't being a prick just the information we were given was that americans really won't like it if i refer to a soccer as football ect was just curious.
I tend to get by with calling the two sports American football and European football.

taconinja said:
Chairman Wesker said:
taconinja said:
No, despite what many wish to believe we pick up things as quickly as any other country does. Fans of European football already know what it's called.

I know americans know what it means i meant will americans turn their nose up at it being called football club when in america it isn't a football club if you see what i mean.
Ah. No, we won't care. :)

-- Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm --

Chairman Wesker said:
Falastur said:

I tend to get by with calling the two sports American football and European football.

Ahem. English I think you'll find...

Henkeman said:
taconinja said:
Chairman Wesker said:
Ah. No, we won't care. :)

-- Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm --

Chairman Wesker said:

Ahem. English I think you'll find...
Which is part of Europe despite whatever you might wish. ;)

Keith Moon said:
taconinja said:
Keith Moon said:
Thanks, now I can sleep tonight..
Could be Cantona jumping ship from the Cosmos' organization.

..or Cook, or Mancini, or SAF!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to see a SAF/Cantona/Mancini partnership heading up the organization!

No I wouldn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.