City launch MLS Franchise

Henkeman said:
taconinja said:
Henkeman said:
Lots of Brits apparently...you just can't live without us!
We've even got at least one person from Manchester playing American football in the NFL now!

Yep! It'll be a shock for some he doesn't talk like Dick Van Dyke or the Queen! ;-)
Er... yeah. The one thing we don't really do well is distinguish between English regional dialects. Unless you sound like Eliza Doolittle compared to Hugh Grant, we can't really tell the difference.

welsh_andy said:
i see it as a win win, great for publicity and exposure for us. always place to dump some of our deadwood in future as they pay silly wages out there

Not really.... unless you are league promotion exception like beckham, henry or Keane are/were you're paid a pocket money in MLS. Most of their players make few thousands per month.

In terms of FFPR, how would the following play out...?

MCFC purchase land for the stadium. Build stadium and use the rest of the land to build an iconic hotel, high class shopping area or mall, business office space or entertainment venue.

Would the cost of the buildings be classed as 'infrastructure' under FFPR. Likewise would the income be classed as revenue?

for those that dont know the potential of the american socccer league new york cosmos or formaly just the cosmos had on ocasions bigger gates than those in the top flight of english football, thir gates were in excess of 40,000 on a regular basis, the intrest is there its just how to tap into it

Why am I not surprised that Sky Sports News have already relegated this story?
I was working until late and was looking forward to seeing the reports. Silly me. I forgot that this isn't as bug as say, Liverpool's deal with Warrior.

mad4city said:
I was working until late and was looking forward to seeing the reports. Silly me. I forgot that this isn't as bug as say, Liverpool's deal with Warrior.

They relegated it about 2 hours after it was announced. Sad bastards.

Rio loves wearing Yankees caps. I'm sure that will stop.

I hate the Yankees (i'm a Chicago Cubs fan), but they're a worldwide brand known for success. This will be great for both teams/clubs.

I'm hoping NYCity's kits can somehow mirror City's. NO RED PLEASE

jake28 said:
mad4city said:

They relegated it about 2 hours after it was announced. Sad bastards.

Sky = Laughable biased morons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.