City launch MLS Franchise

moomba said:
cibaman said:
Cant see the Yankees playing at the Etihad. Didn't think the pitch is big enough for baseball?

Think we'd have to remove some of the stands.

Or put in a blue monster.

I hate the Yankees, but if they play at our place, ST holders better have first dibs on tickets.

Yeah, I was wondering how that would work. I think, length wise the pitch would be fine, I'm just not sure, width wise, it's feasible. You'd be getting home runs every at bat. If they do find a way of making this happen I'd be more than a little interested in watching a baseball game, I quite like it when I see it on TV.

Have we had the approval of Mr Platini and Mr Ruminetc............of Bayern
There must be a rule we are breaking somewhere!
Can't have these upstarts going off to America etc etc

john@staustell said:
Surely someone must like the Yankees?

I do, used to follow them as a kid, mainly due to us having a friend of the family being a New York cop, he would visit and bring Yankees hats and jackets, baseball cards, amongs other NY merchandise. I think I still have a jacket from when I was a kid.<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 am --<br /><br />
Two international sports superpowers have come together to form New York City Football Club, a Major League Soccer expansion club that has been acquired by the Yankees and England-based Manchester City Football Club and will begin play in 2015.

Wether you are exited by this or not you have to admit that sounds good.

Now we've got two, I'm looking forward to singing

City, City, the best teams in the lands and all the world

This only struck me after I'd logged off last night, but the new team is NYCF(ootball)C, and not NYCS(occer)C.

I find that very interesting, when football in the States is usually gridiron.

The Doctor said:
Have we had the approval of Mr Platini and Mr Ruminetc............of Bayern
There must be a rule we are breaking somewhere!
Can't have these upstarts going off to America etc etc

Don't worry they'll invent one.

I think it's a nice idea. A club in New York who are affilliated with us (like a sister club). And I think that would make New York City the first City in the MLS to have a true local derby. That will spice up their league no end. I know the last word in everything these days is money, and our owners aren't a charity, but why not make money *and* benefit others at the same time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.