City launch MLS Franchise

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com</a>

Don't know if anyone's posted the NYCFC site but interesting they're using our layout etc, sky blue background, and still got the MCFC badge in the address bar!

Cool they have the MLS network at the top and links to mcfc.co.uk

FFP wise, the US has absolutely nothing to do with UEFA, so we could spend a billion dollars there and it wouldn't affect FFP. However, NYCFC is owned by MCFC, so all profits go on the balance book.

cibaman said:
Cant see the Yankees playing at the Etihad. Didn't think the pitch is big enough for baseball?

It might fit

400px-Baseball_diamond_marines.

I've heard the local tree huggers are already up in arms at the prospect of more park land being donated to a sports stadium in Flushing Meadows, suppose I'd be the same if it was my local park but think I would make an exception for City!

Isn't the Yankess ground right in the middle of the Bronx? I'd love for us to do something like that, mainly so I could go around singing Jenny from the block but with "City" instead of "Jenny"

edgecroft said:
FFP wise, the US has absolutely nothing to do with UEFA, so we could spend a billion dollars there and it wouldn't affect FFP. However, NYCFC is owned by MCFC, so all profits go on the balance book.

Surely if all NYCFC profits affect MCFC's books then equally their losses would too?

edgecroft said:

Precisely.

It could be showered with sponsorship from wherever the club choose and be run to produce an annual profit of say 100 mill which could then be transferred to MCFC. None of this would break FFP rules and Twatini and his cronies couldn"t do a thing about it.

Vienna_70 said:
This only struck me after I'd logged off last night, but the new team is NYCF(ootball)C, and not NYCS(occer)C.

I find that very interesting, when football in the States is usually gridiron.

Half of MLS already calls themselves FC. The other half don't use "soccer" in the name either. This, believe it or not, actually constitutes following the existing trend.<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm --<br /><br />
kenzie115 said:
edgecroft said:

Surely if all NYCFC profits affect MCFC's books then equally their losses would too?

Exactly so. Doesn't count towards FFPR if we make a loss though.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
edgecroft said:

Precisely.

It could be showered with sponsorship from wherever the club choose and be run to produce an annual profit of say 100 mill which could then be transferred to MCFC. None of this would break FFP rules and Twatini and his cronies couldn"t do a thing about it.

Could be a very very clever financial plan by the board - but at this precise moment I'd like to know what's going on on home soil! Could we have a manager please?

casualdeyna said:
I've heard the local tree huggers are already up in arms at the prospect of more park land being donated to a sports stadium in Flushing Meadows, suppose I'd be the same if it was my local park but think I would make an exception for City!

Isn't the Yankess ground right in the middle of the Bronx? I'd love for us to do something like that, mainly so I could go around singing Jenny from the block but with "City" instead of "Jenny"

Its unbelievable they are complaining! Believe me its not exactly prime real estate in that area! When they start to see the investment going in and the benefits it brings to the local community they will change their tune. Then again maybe the tree hugger's won't. They are bit like the scousers they always need 'a cause' and rich Arabs buying up local parkland has a nice ring to it!

Anthony Kun said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
edgecroft said:

Precisely.

Could be a very very clever financial plan by the board - but at this precise moment I'd like to know what's going on on home soil! Could we have a manager please?

If UEFA think it doesn't constitute fair value - I.e. if NYCFC aren't worth that much - they can still erase it from our books and make it not count towards our FFP though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.