City launch MLS Franchise

Ardwick Green Blue said:
edgecroft said:
FFP wise, the US has absolutely nothing to do with UEFA, so we could spend a billion dollars there and it wouldn't affect FFP. However, NYCFC is owned by MCFC, so all profits go on the balance book.

Precisely.

It could be showered with sponsorship from wherever the club choose and be run to produce an annual profit of say 100 mill which could then be transferred to MCFC. None of this would break FFP rules and Twatini and his cronies couldn"t do a thing about it.

And if that does become the case can you imagine their faces?!!!
Rags, Bayern Munich etc completely out flanked and would just have to swallow it.
Or change the rules again of course!

Falastur said:
Anthony Kun said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
Precisely.

It could be showered with sponsorship from wherever the club choose and be run to produce an annual profit of say 100 mill which could then be transferred to MCFC. None of this would break FFP rules and Twatini and his cronies couldn"t do a thing about it.

Could be a very very clever financial plan by the board - but at this precise moment I'd like to know what's going on on home soil! Could we have a manager please?

If UEFA think it doesn't constitute fair value - I.e. if NYCFC aren't worth that much - they can still erase it from our books and make it not count towards our FFP though...

They could they will not Uefa FFP is dead for me! When PSG can get a sponsor the worth of 150m a year and not even get questioned that tells me its not going to work

Apart from on sports news bulletins, there seems to be a deadly silence on talkshite and 5Live on all this. Funny that.

waspish said:
Falastur said:
Anthony Kun said:
Could be a very very clever financial plan by the board - but at this precise moment I'd like to know what's going on on home soil! Could we have a manager please?

If UEFA think it doesn't constitute fair value - I.e. if NYCFC aren't worth that much - they can still erase it from our books and make it not count towards our FFP though...

They could they will not Uefa FFP is dead for me! When PSG can get a sponsor the worth of 150m a year and not even get questioned that tells me its not going to work

PSG are exempt as they employ Platini's son. We do not.

Falastur said:
Anthony Kun said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
Precisely.

I don't believe they could as NYCFC is not under their jurisdiction. If it makes a profit in the States and that profit is then repatriated to us then it would be impossible to discount it IMO as even UEFA cannot decide how a US company is run.
t

Ardwick Green Blue said:
edgecroft said:
FFP wise, the US has absolutely nothing to do with UEFA, so we could spend a billion dollars there and it wouldn't affect FFP. However, NYCFC is owned by MCFC, so all profits go on the balance book.

Precisely.

It depends how they are calling it, if NYCFC is a separate entity any profit will end up on the books of NYCFC and not us, they will still need money to finance their own operations and that's without considering the financing of an entire new stadium and the costs that come with that. The USA isn't great for football and making money but it is great for exposure. The Red Bulls I found for example only made $10 million in 2008, you could expect that figure to be around $25 million now but it's not a lot really... We have bought and sold a single player for more than that.

Also you have to factor in the Yankee ownership, whatever money this does make it will be divided, Soriano said in his interview the Yankees were a minority shareholder so less than 49% but what that minority is no-one knows but they will also get a cut of profit so this isn't going to make a lot of money anytime soon or if ever.

This is all about building the brand worldwide, selling shirts and creating a buzz etc. It isn't about a quick or clever option to get around the FFP rules.

TGR said:
casualdeyna said:
I've heard the local tree huggers are already up in arms at the prospect of more park land being donated to a sports stadium in Flushing Meadows, suppose I'd be the same if it was my local park but think I would make an exception for City!

Isn't the Yankess ground right in the middle of the Bronx? I'd love for us to do something like that, mainly so I could go around singing Jenny from the block but with "City" instead of "Jenny"

Its unbelievable they are complaining! Believe me its not exactly prime real estate in that area! When they start to see the investment going in and the benefits it brings to the local community they will change their tune. Then again maybe the tree hugger's won't. They are bit like the scousers they always need 'a cause' and rich Arabs buying up local parkland has a nice ring to it!

Must admit I did have a nosey of the area on google street view, and also read it was an old ash dump, hardly the most pleasing area to the eye. Like you say sure they will come round when they see the benefits. Also heard the Shiekh's human rights record was also brought in to in by the Greenpeace mob, haven't they god some Whales somewhere to save instead of trying to stop us taking over the world.

MCFC ruining the world since 2013

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.