City launch MLS Franchise

We will start playing at a stadium that's already there. Once we know we have enough support we will look at building a state of the art football (soccer) stadium. I used to work on long Island and football (soccer was massive) especially in the Irish bars. Saturday morning on the beer watching the game happy days.

jonmcity said:
We will start playing at a stadium that's already there. Once we know we have enough support we will look at building a state of the art football (soccer) stadium. I used to work on long Island and football (soccer was massive) especially in the Irish bars. Saturday morning on the beer watching the game happy days.

Nah. City will be trying to sort this out ASAP because they have to. MLS rules say that you have to either play in a "soccer-specific stadium" (i.e. a stadium that does not host any other sports) or be progressing in your efforts to build one. You can't just sit back and say "well, our attendances aren't good so in five or ten years we'll look at building one" - you lose your licence that way.

Added to that, there aren't really any SSS that we can rent (the Cosmos are never going to agree to us ground-sharing, and the reason MLS wanted a 2nd NYC club was because they wanted a club that wasn't out in the sticks like the Red Bulls, so that plus that they already hate us is a double no-go), so it's "start building a stadium" or nothing...

Falastur said:
jonmcity said:

Nah. City will be trying to sort this out ASAP because they have to. MLS rules say that you have to either play in a "soccer-specific stadium" (i.e. a stadium that does not host any other sports) or be progressing in your efforts to build one. You can't just sit back and say "well, our attendances aren't good so in five or ten years we'll look at building one" - you lose your licence that way.

Added to that, there aren't really any SSS that we can rent (the Cosmos are never going to agree to us ground-sharing, and the reason MLS wanted a 2nd NYC club was because they wanted a club that wasn't out in the sticks like the Red Bulls, so that plus that they already hate us is a double no-go), so it's "start building a stadium" or nothing...

Cosmos got no stadium, no one got any NY stadium..Yet!

Having stayed in Queens a couple of times over the past few years, I think it would be a more suitable place for NYCFC purely down to the fact that the Hispanic population will embrace the new football club.

S04 said:
Frank the Yank said:
I will be surprised if the team opens up its 2015 season in its own purpose built stadium be it in The Bronx or Queens. Where will they play? Hopefully not that shithole on Randalls Island. I saw Pele play there with the Cosmos in 1975 or was it 76???

No it´s not possible to build a stadium in such short time..But there´s in USA a company that provides temporary stadiums for a couple of years if they just get a space to build it.
After the lease they just pick up the modules, clubs like say Vancouver used it while building their new stadium.

As you can see it´s not much concrete and mostly steel poles being used.

2967703.bin
I wouldn't fancy joining in on a mass Poznan on that fucker.

S04 said:
Falastur said:
jonmcity said:

Two points here:

A) The Cosmos are in the process of building a new stadium, and it looks amazing. <a class="postlink" href="http://cosmosstadium.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cosmosstadium.com/</a>

cosmos1_feat.jpg

B) The Cosmos aren't in the MLS so they don't have any requirement on them to be playing in a Soccer Specific Stadium.

Watched the video thingy and there's something very odd. There are no turnstiles. You can go straight from the car park directly into the stadium, so if you have to show your ticket before entering the car park how many will jib in by hiding in the boot.

Falastur said:
S04 said:
Falastur said:

Two points here:

A) The Cosmos are in the process of building a new stadium, and it looks amazing. <a class="postlink" href="http://cosmosstadium.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cosmosstadium.com/</a>

B) The Cosmos aren't in the MLS so they don't have any requirement on them to be playing in a Soccer Specific Stadium.

Hmm..That´s not exactly a central area

: What’s the timeline for the project?
A: If approved, shovels will break ground in 2014, and the stadium is expected to be completed by the end of 2015, with the field being installed and stadium opening in spring 2016

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.