city let themselves down

8 quid seems fine to me for a scarf. It's more a case that giving them away for free or 3 quid was unsustainable in the first place. They are allowed to make a profit.

if people think £8 for a decent scarf is a rip off then i would love to see how much u pay for the rest of ur clothes. its funny how its now a mancini scarf, ive worn mine exactly like that since i got it about 2 or 3 seasons ago

Dubai Blue said:
8 quid seems fine to me for a scarf. It's more a case that giving them away for free or 3 quid was unsustainable in the first place. They are allowed to make a profit.

of course they are allowed to make a profit, presumeably they were doign so when they were £3!

and of course supply and demand will puch the price up...and if they are larger or made of more expensice material then a price increase is justified, i just think that going from selling a very similar item at £3 a year or two back to seeling it at £8 is not on

they can charge what they like surely only a mug would buy one. Them guys outside the ground will have them for a fiver next home game I reckon

eshiers1 said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Shop/Souvenirs/Scarves--Gloves/MANCINI-BAR-SCARF-SKYWHITE

charging £8 for one of the 'manicni' scarves is a joke

baring in mind 45,000 were gievn out for free...and then the same ones were sold at a much lower price since then £8 is a completely over the top price

fortunately i still have mine from the united game, but judging by the response on facebook plenty of people will be buying them

"City Let Themselves Down" Hahahahahaha

Could you be any more melodramatic?

I've got a really good idea if you think it's too expensive:

Don't buy one.

Much more effective than slagging off the club when things are better than they've been for decades.

Plenty of opportunity to get one when they were free or about £2

£8 is a good price for a nice scarf like that, and you wouldnt be paying that if you hadnt jumped on the bandwagon recently anyway

Always something to moan about isnt there

it is a cheek. my first scarf only cost 1/2 shilling thruppence , or 3p in new money. And that included your bus fair to the next three games and a smack in the gob from Joe Mercer who worked partime in the shop.....just can't get bargains these days :-)

I don't think 8 quid is a lot of money if the scarf is decent enough and this is what the owners have bought a club for, to market these things and promote the club.

eshiers1 said:
Dubai Blue said:

of course they are allowed to make a profit, presumeably they were doign so when they were £3!

and of course supply and demand will puch the price up...and if they are larger or made of more expensice material then a price increase is justified, i just think that going from selling a very similar item at £3 a year or two back to seeling it at £8 is not on
They had a load made to give away for free. There was obviously some left over that they then decided to sell on for a nominal value of 2-3 quid. This clearly wasn't a sustainable product line and the profit generated simply wasn't worth the bother of placing new orders. At 8 quid they can make it profitable enough for the club to bother meeting new demand from supporters. It's hardly outrageous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.