City linked with Guus Hiddink

spacecadet said:
Is this the same man that failed to get a big country like Russia to the World Cup? Despite getting a second chance in the play-offs.

'Big Country'? In size? or footballing ability?

Not my preference.
Nearly all his domestic trophies have been won in the dutch league which one could argue is not the most competitive in europe.
He did ok with Chelsea last year but so did Avram Grant when he took over and not one of us has championed his credentials to manage our club before he went to Portsmouth.
GH's international record is ok. But as I have said before Big Phil actually won the world cup and that didn't mean he was suited to the Premier League.
End of the season assessment for me and then the club will know what we have or have not achieved.

Australia and Russia - managing a national side is no CV when it comes to managing an EPL team. His time at Chelsea was clear stop gap.

He might have the tactical nous which many on this forum feel is lacking in Hughes' package, and he has achieved the experience so many say Hughes hasn't, but ffs he's a year older than me!

Have a look at the history of his managerial career. There are few teams he hasn't managed and I am extremely worried at the average time he might have spent at each one.

He would undoubtedly add zip and flurry to the matchday experience but he is not here for the long haul.

We need a manager who is going to do 10-15 years and build on initial success season after season. It has to be the character who could do for us what the feisty French winger did for The Arse adn what that OldTosser did for East Stirlingshire.

I think tha dear old Guus is not the answer but wtf is?

Whoever, it will still be a case of the Sheik and Khaldoon taking something of a gamble on someone who does not have a wealth of experience. How old is Hodgson?

The press are at Hughes big time today. There's also mention of our owners wanting Wenger and details of the dressing room bust up

SamTheGuru said:
I have a feeling Hiddink is coming....
If Hughes was to be sacked, there are only 2 appointments which would be acceptable to most City fans

a) Hiddink
b) Mourinho

and Hiddink has just been ruled out, and Mourinho's Inter are in the draw for the Champions League today, and have the Serie A to go for. Mourinho is possible in the Summer but not now

So can we put a stop to this Hughes Out Now stuff, because it's not going to happen?

No? Thought not.

Marvin said:
SamTheGuru said:
I have a feeling Hiddink is coming....
If Hughes was to be sacked, there are only 2 appointments which would be acceptable to most City fans

a) Hiddink
b) Mourinho

and Hiddink has just been ruled out, and Mourinho's Inter are in the draw for the Champions League today, and have the Serie A to go for. Mourinho is possible in the Summer but not now
Who ruled out Hiddink?

wHO

So can we put a stop to this Hughes Out Now stuff, because it's not going to happen?

No? Thought not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.