City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

It’s comedy. It’s not meant to offend. Entirely different from some knobhead shouting abuse.
What’s irritating to a degree is that comedians like Baron Cohen or Chris Rock get away with it I am guessing because of their own ethnic backgrounds but that seems like double standards.

The fact is these two are nobodies are far as the club is concerned. They are easily replaceable by equally talentless presenters and sacking them has zero impact on the club.

They aren't highly paid superstars like players, managers or in a wider context star performers on TV. So as they have produced a piece that they thought was funny but could be construed as racist by some then the axe was always going to fall. I imagine the club gave it around 30 seconds thought.

The fact is these two are nobodies are far as the club is concerned. They are easily replaceable by equally talentless presenters and sacking them has zero impact on the club.

They aren't highly paid superstars like players, managers or in a wider context star performers on TV. So as they have produced a piece that they thought was funny but could be construed as racist by some then the axe was always going to fall. I imagine the club gave it around 30 seconds thought.

Yeah but one had an audition for the band 5!

The thread title promises so much and does not deliver (HF).

Lthese guys are racist
do you honestly think these guys are racist

There’s a significant difference between being a dyed in the wool racist and making comments that can be defined as racism.

Doing stereotypical impressions of accents for a City podcast was unnecessary and they’ve rightly been dismissed for it.

Walliams and Matt Lucas used to do Chinese, Korean, Asian, mental health sketches that seem similarly offensive.

It’s a comedy show where they put on an act. I similarly loved Fonejacker.

This was a couple of tossers talking about City. Comedy accents unnecessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.