City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

Our 'award-winning entertainment' would naturally be cringey for the majority of football fans (adult males) because it seems designed to appeal to women and kids... who from what I can tell make up a modest % of the match day crowd. Certainly no one near me seems the slightest bit interested in it, although some of Mike McLean's jokes have amused the crowd. I think most of us would be happy with good local music before the game, City Square remaining as a meeting place (an argument for closing it 5-10 minutes earlier to get people in and build an atmosphere), and just showing us highlights at HT and FT.

I think employing this 1970's throwback is a masterstroke by our commercial department. I bet we've never flogged as many pies or sold as much beer. The East stand near me empties as soon as he opens his mouth, I cant think of anything else they could add to make the half time 'entertainment' and more cringeworthy and boring. Whoever thought up the idea of Mike McLean and the Centre Circle Selfie, take a bow. Kerching!!!

Certainly come on since the days of amusing ones self at halftime was the dodging of items chucked into the Kippax from the away fans ;-)

bluemoon98 said:
What did he do against sheff wed? I didn't notice anything apart from his usual.

Anyone else notice was it the sheff wed match again when he took food and drinks and had bites and sips from
Kids hotdogs I would told him to buy me another one - waiting in that queue of an eternity

It was planned and he gave food vouchers to the family. He said it on twitter when someone tried having a go at him.

Motty said:
Safe to say the Sheff Wed fans didn't like him!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/221705-mike-mcclean/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index. ... e-mcclean/</a>

Personally I quite enjoy him, although the way he treats those kids in the half games is still wrong, for the reasons already stated on here.
(although, you never know, they could be in on it)

Also noticed the below quote on the SWFC forum

Man city have turned into such a cringeworthy club and the half time entertainment epitomised that.

I hate to say it, but I think there is an element of truth in that. I wouldn't quite describe us a "cringeworthy club" but since the takeover I've never really liked the way the club try to connect with the fans.
Who could forget that embarrassing "Bluffers Guide to MCFC" back in 2011...
(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/may/12/manchester-city-bluffers-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... fers-guide</a> - for anyone that has)

As I said earlier I find him okay, but have to agree that in the mascot match he should have let the kids play (after maybe a couple of pranks) instead of interrupting them constantly, although I was hoping one of the Sheff Weds kids was going to take him on. Also I'm assuming the club bought the fans new food for what he and his mate took.

Like it or not, you can choose to watch it or go to the bar or use the wifi.

bacuzzi said:
He's very poor. 'On the Buses' style humour doesn't cut it anymore and he was a disgrace at the Sheff Weds match. Either the club will get rid or his mouth will get him sacked. Either way, the sooner the better.

I tell you what there are some right wet farts on here!! the guy gets a laugh all the time during halftime, you can hear the stadium in union so I'm pretty sure the vast majority like what he does! Yes I get the mini football match v Sheff Weds was sailing a bit close to the wind but that's his style and I'm sure the club knew that before giving him the gig! FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.