City Matters thread

On the face of it that seems a good suggestion however if the entire CM Board was in a supporters club how would you get feedback from the many fans that aren't in a supporters club branch?
I agree. In addition, Roel de Vries and Danny Wilson meet with the OSC and Branch Secretaries a few times a year so there’s quite a few opportunities for OSC members to make suggestions to the Club’s admin / management .

It might not have been CSB endorsing her because a big deal was made of having Supporters Club Members on City Matters (apart from Kevin) during earlier elections. I remember the Squirty couldn’t get 30 grouping being very vocal at the time lol.
Squirty's spats with you were funny. What did he call you - Dim Of The Oak wasn't it?!!

I’d say you’ve got a decent gig there blue, being the family rep, City don’t always get it right, but I have to say some of the engagement with families is brilliant, especially the fan zone, What a way to bring the next generation of blues through. But what I did find whilst waiting in the queue on Saturday, was many of the families didn’t have match tickets, which I found quite sad. We have a family stand, surely the club can offer any unsold tickets in this section to families who attend the fan zone at a decent rate, I’d like it to go further than that, but that seems a fair starting point. Also a facility to donate tickets for families, many tickets go unused or unsold, if tickets are not sold on the exchange, then it wouldn’t be difficult for the club to offer a donate function

Credit where its due, the Fan Zone is a brilliant idea and I'm really glad they created it.

Re. tickets. I actually suggested a similar idea a while back about creating a function that allowed people to donate tickets and nothing came of it. The issue of ticket prices is a constant and whilst we keep telling them lets be realistic, if its selling out every week City aren't going to go out of their way to reduce prices.

I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to be honest.

Whilst we’re on about the City Matters group, 2 Tweets in 9 months.

Nothing like keeping City fans updated with what’s being discussed with the club on our behalf.

At least City Matters have asked the club to ‘hopefully grant our request’ to freeze season ticket prices for next season. Something the fans have been asking the club to do for the last 10 seasons without any success. Good luck!

View attachment 75391
Has a letter gone to Chelsea yet, asking them to drop their prices ? :-)

Well according to one poster, she follows City's men's team and Chelsea's women's team. I can't verify that as her tweets are now protected but I think it's a bit much to say you're disgusted when none of us on here even know the full story. It reminds me of that time when Garry Cook inducted Uwe Rosler into the City hall of fame at a bash with loads of fans present but he mistakenly announced that Uwe was being inducted into the Manchester United hall of fame. The subsequent meltdown on here was off the scale with people practically calling for Cook to be hung, drawn, and quartered. Personally, I thought it was fucking hilarious seeing people lose their shit so much!

He just presumed that and there’s no evidence for it.

We have done this, several times actually. We started taking minutes ourselves then the club acted. We will be doing it again. I appreciate this might seem like a weak response but we pretty limited in terms of what we can actually do. What I will do is try and get on here more often to give updates. As I'm sure you can appreciate its a voluntary role but its actually quite a lot of meetings to squeeze in, but I will make an effort until the minutes thing is sorted out.
@dannybcity I appreciate any response and no it doesn't seem a weak response. Thank you for your work on the City Matters Committee. Although I am sort of complaining about no minutes I do appreciate the work that CM put in, I just feel we could acknowledge that more fully if we knew what was happening. And that is not your fault but the fault of the minute taker who appears also to be a 'Service Coordinator'. Well 12 months ago anyway.

Thank you Danny for your response. :-) Appreciated (especially as I am not technically in the group you represent! *lol*. I think there are only 3 groups that I am not represented in, Families, LGBTQ+ and under 18s!!)

I’d say you’ve got a decent gig there blue, being the family rep, City don’t always get it right, but I have to say some of the engagement with families is brilliant, especially the fan zone, What a way to bring the next generation of blues through. But what I did find whilst waiting in the queue on Saturday, was many of the families didn’t have match tickets, which I found quite sad. We have a family stand, surely the club can offer any unsold tickets in this section to families who attend the fan zone at a decent rate, I’d like it to go further than that, but that seems a fair starting point. Also a facility to donate tickets for families, many tickets go unused or unsold, if tickets are not sold on the exchange, then it wouldn’t be difficult for the club to offer a donate function
Would be nice if there was a feature to offer to 'donate' your ticket on ticket exchange first without getting any money back. Say X weeks before the match, goes into a free pool and donated to families or anyone else. Then after a period, anything remaining goes into normal ticket exchange and if sold you get your pro rata amount back.

I'm the City Matter Families rep. I haven't got anything new to say or share about this other than what went on twitter last night. We've got a update about the North Stand expansion scheduled for this evening so I suspect that we'll be discussing it then. At face value it obviously isn't a great look for City Matters.

Re. City Matters as a whole. I completely understand the criticism of it. The minutes issue is something we raise every single meeting. Someone from the club takes minutes every meeting then for whatever reason it seems to take an age to get them published (if they ever do). The communication from the club to the supporters has left a lot to be desired and ultimately few people have any confidence that City Matter is effective. Regardless as to the outcome of this I'll be asking for better governance of the group and greater communication between the club and the fans.

I look forward to your jokes about me being a Chelsea fan.

Absolutely. For what it's worth we raise the minutes thing every time. It seemed like we had got somewhere as they started adding them but that's stopped again.

We do put these views to the club but ultimately it's the club that decided how they act. If I came on here and detailed everything the club told us in confidence they'd simple stop sharing information. If we made public statements on every issue people would quickly stop listening. But some of the criticism is just and I think we need to act on it.

Will you be able to share any new information about the North stand expansion update or will that also be in confidence?

I have 2 questions.

Can you ask the club if the expanded North stand is going to be named the Centurion stand or not? We're led to believe it will be.

And if it is, why weren't the fans consulted about the naming of the expanded North stand?

Thanks.

PS. Thanks for coming on and answering questions.

Obviously the reps are giving up their free time which is very commendable.

But this whole thing just shows it up for the farce it is, City picking 10 categories as the only people who have any feedback into the club and one ends up as a Chelsea fan journalist student who want to network.

Every group should have representation yes but if a group of fans are having a shit time at the match because of issues at 1 block/entrace they should be able to go and raise it.

Same with families priced out of attendance or people who have issues attending due to transport.

Keep the categories/reps to ensure there’s voices for each group but there should be an open forum that anyone can attend/raise issues/scrutinise after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.