City Matters thread

As you say, I don't think the club wanted to look into the numerous Istanbul issues too deeply. At least not in public. Maybe the club did with UEFA in private? We'll never know.
Maybe City wiped the floor with UEFA in private?

Of course as it was in private we'll never know.

Most likely, City did fuck all for the fans. In private obviously.

Credit to City Matters for trying to help fellow Blues. I think they have done a lot of good work.

It’s not always a great time to make progress. The current limited capacity means the Club knows it could charge more for tickets, although that’s not in our long term interest.

I have a bit of sympathy around the Istanbul issues. I thought the Club took tue trophies to the lad who was injured in the car park. I just wonder whether the Club was worried thet a thorough investigation into other Blues who were affected on the night might show they a lot of tickets were passed on from high points owners and get us in trouble with UEFA. That’s just a guess and might not be a worry at all.
Behave! Why on earth would UEFA care about that?

The club just didn't want to upset UEFA publicly or privately. But in nor doing anything, they have pissed a lot of their own supporters off.

Sadly I feel it's all pointless and just an exercise to tick boxes.

Whatever the club do they'll do anyway, I suspect that very occasionally a Matters member will provide a point the club hasn't thought of and will be taken onboard but only if it ultimately 'helps' the club.

That being said kudos to Alex especially for the Istanbul report which was excellent & the other members putting some/so much time and effort into trying to fight the good fight.

Behave! Why on earth would UEFA care about that?

The club just didn't want to upset UEFA publicly or privately. But in nor doing anything, they have pissed a lot of their own supporters off.
I can’t stand UEFA so I would have welcomed City having a pop. I can understand City not wanting to upset UEFA but there’s clearly something more to it than that. I’ve no idea what it’s but our Club could have been embarrassed if loads of people claimed compensation who were the legitimate ticket owners. It might be nothing to do with that of course.

Two of the three positions - Disabled & Hospitality Reps - have been present since CM started. Mark Todd & Simon Walker were exceptional colleagues and will be hard acts to follow. The Cityzens Matchday Rep position is a new one and long overdue. It was a glaring omission from the original list. Good to see that the club has finally listened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.