City Matters thread

From my memory of the Burnley game we were not missing 16K. We had not been at home for 3 and a half weeks and it seemed like a good crowd to me on the night. Few empty seats that you always get but 16K? Think this might be a case of club trying to spin another one.

I’m not surprised there’s a lot of season ticket holders who are only interested in maybe 7 games a season. They pay for it so are entitled to do as they wish.

Unfortunately due to games such as Burnley it will be the clubs excuse as to why they don’t want to boost SC’s sold.

I do think and it’s only my opinion but the club will start taking the approach of our shit neighbours with tickets gradually but it will happen and those who pick and choose games may be the ones who suffer.

Be interesting if Alex could attain figures from the club over how many season tickets are cancelled due to them not meeting the games used threshold? I know Arsenal published something similar.

I’ll got to every game do I blame people for avoiding Burnley and midweeks games not at all, unfortunately due to the empty seat jibe and the club doing its best to have a better image I think we can expect tougher ticket processes in the future.

Theres a degree of apathy and expectancy at times which I don’t like, we never used to have. Then again the footballs a bit better now :)
In one sense, I don't have an issue with SC holders not attending games, as long as they pass on their tickets, or at least list them on the exchange. Not everyone can attend every game, particularly midweek ones. That's why I proposed the flexible season ticket, where people had to say they wanted the seat, rather than just not use it. Some people just don't make their ticket available though and I believe it's right that these people are sanctioned.

But whoever at the club thought that charging £63 to watch Burnley was a good idea wants shooting. A few seasons ago we played Watford midweek and there were around 7k no-shows, so it's not like they didn't have warning that there might be a problem.

Last edited:
From my memory of the Burnley game we were not missing 16K. We had not been at home for 3 and a half weeks and it seemed like a good crowd to me on the night. Few empty seats that you always get but 16K? Think this might be a case of club trying to spin another one.
It doesn't mean that there were 16k empty seats, just that this number either didn't use their ticket at all, transferred it or put it on the exchange.

Well if there are ‘about 36-37k’ it’s not exactly a definitive answer is it? Is it 36,000, 36,500 or 37,000 or maybe 36,750? ;-) :-)
I was told there were 37k when I was on CM. I'm assuming that some of those won't have renewed over the last few years, but that some of those lapsed tickets will have been repurposed as Flexible Golds or the Silver season tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.