City Matters thread

Got the Club email email about applying to join City Matters. Clicked the link out of curiosity.

Apparently, before applying, it's vital the club know:-
your ethnicity,
your sexual preference,
your non-binary status,
your disability,

Yeah - not a tick box exercise - no Sirree.

I know it’s not quite as good a story but there is a ‘prefer not to say’ option to all those questions.

There’s many legitimate critiques to be made of City Matters, but I’d like to think that being free to publicly criticise the Club isn’t one of them - at least in recent times.

As I tried to set out in my foreword, Fan Advisory Boards are here to stay - the Premier League and Club are fully signed up to the idea. So, in my view, the Club wouldn’t have much impetus to engage with any new group as the main outlet for fan feedback. That’s not to say that new supporter groups wouldn’t be a valued addition - for example, the guys at the foodbank group do a great job and I try to work closely with them. But it is to say that trying to reform City Matters as much from the inside, and setting the group up to be as successful as possible, is in all of our interests.
spot on. The fact is City have more of an incentive now to make it work giving City Matters considerably more leverage than before. I am sure that at some point the FAB/CM's will be asked for an assessment of how it is working that the club cannot suppress and the club will be fully aware of that.

Just a question regarding an e mail I received from the club yesterday and wondered if anyone else got one. It told me I was in the top 2% for matches attended last season along with other match facts (actually my lowest attendance for quite a few years ,covid apart).Question to Alex on City matter's,are they collating this information for any reason?

There’s many legitimate critiques to be made of City Matters, but I’d like to think that being free to publicly criticise the Club isn’t one of them - at least in recent times.

As I tried to set out in my foreword, Fan Advisory Boards are here to stay - the Premier League and Club are fully signed up to the idea. So, in my view, the Club wouldn’t have much impetus to engage with any new group as the main outlet for fan feedback. That’s not to say that new supporter groups wouldn’t be a valued addition - for example, the guys at the foodbank group do a great job and I try to work closely with them. But it is to say that trying to reform City Matters as much from the inside, and setting the group up to be as successful as possible, is in all of our interests.
I hear you - and I appreciate all you and the other CM folks try and do....but....the fact that the nomination process is controlled by the club invalidates any 'independence' whatsoever. Time for a formal Supporters Trust.

Just a question regarding an e mail I received from the club yesterday and wondered if anyone else got one. It told me I was in the top 2% for matches attended last season along with other match facts (actually my lowest attendance for quite a few years ,covid apart).Question to Alex on City matter's,are they collating this information for any reason?
The Club are obsessed with data like this, as it tells them who has attended, used ticket transfer, ticket exchange or not used their ticket at all. According to the Club, 16,000 season ticket holders didn't attend the Burnley match at home last season. As a result, they can work out whether they need to promote the transfer and exchange platforms, or in the case of no shows, implement rules such as the need to attend (or list/exchange) 14 matches to retain a season card bar mitigating circumstances.

The Club are obsessed with data like this, as it tells them who has attended, used ticket transfer, ticket exchange or not used their ticket at all. According to the Club, 16,000 season ticket holders didn't attend the Burnley match at home last season. As a result, they can work out whether they need to promote the transfer and exchange platforms, or in the case of no shows, implement rules such as the need to attend (or list/exchange) 14 matches to retain a season card bar mitigating circumstances.
If that is true, then it's just poor all round from fans and club alike. I'm sure there would have been 16,000 local Mancunians who would have took up the slack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.