City Matters thread

I see some old red herrings resurfacing alleging City force season cards off fans who miss plenty of games. In reality, a season card holder gets a call from the Club if say the season card wasn’t used for half of the games and if the Blue says they’ve been ill or had family caring responsibilities etc. no action is taken.

There was clearly a common sense / fan attendance case for introducing the the flexi gold season cards. They reflect the pattern of many fans attendance / non attendance for games. It’s not a big deal if people transfer on their ticket or place it on the ticket exchange.

The group City seem to take a bit for granted are the season card holders who, rain or shine, attend every home game. That said, getting to watch the world’s best football team is reward enough. I don’t want there to be a seat on City Matrers for this group btw.

The Burnley game may or may not have been an outlier. Several thousand tickets are resold for most home games on both the Ticket Exchange and the Facebook Pages. The Friends & Family ticket transfer function helps thousands of Blues.
Outside games against the rags, dippers and Arse I think a third of season card holders not going to games seems reasonable to me.

The Club are obsessed with data like this, as it tells them who has attended, used ticket transfer, ticket exchange or not used their ticket at all. According to the Club, 16,000 season ticket holders didn't attend the Burnley match at home last season. As a result, they can work out whether they need to promote the transfer and exchange platforms, or in the case of no shows, implement rules such as the need to attend (or list/exchange) 14 matches to retain a season card bar mitigating circumstances.
Thanks for that Alex.

Pretty sure the attendance would include all season ticket holders, whether they came, put it on the exchange or didn’t bother with either.
Published attendances have been based on tickets sold for the past couple of decades. The club and police know the actual figure but have no reason to release it.
I don't recall too many empty seats during any PL game in the past couple of seasons which suggests the ticket exchange (or third party sellers) are shifting them whatever the price.

I see some old red herrings resurfacing alleging City force season cards off fans who miss plenty of games. In reality, a season card holder gets a call from the Club if say the season card wasn’t used for half of the games and if the Blue says they’ve been ill or had family caring responsibilities etc. no action is taken.

There was clearly a common sense / fan attendance case for introducing the the flexi gold season cards. They reflect the pattern of many fans attendance / non attendance for games. It’s not a big deal if people transfer on their ticket or place it on the ticket exchange.

The group City seem to take a bit for granted are the season card holders who, rain or shine, attend every home game. That said, getting to watch the world’s best football team is reward enough. I don’t want there to be a seat on City Matrers for this group btw.

The Burnley game may or may not have been an outlier. Several thousand tickets are resold for most home games on both the Ticket Exchange and the Facebook Pages. The Friends & Family ticket transfer function helps thousands of Blues.
Outside games against the rags, dippers and Arse I think a third of season card holders not going to games seems reasonable to me.

That Burnley game I probably missed the first 15 minutes of it. There was biblical rain all afternoon and evening, was the game on TV (?), the M60 was shut in large parts, the Metrolink was having big issues too, mid January when everyone is skint, and the ticket prices were daft. All factors in a hugely reduced crowd.

I have to admit I don't understand why people don't pass the card on if they can't make it. OK if your stuck in traffic on the way but it you know you can't make it just pass it on to others in a friends and family group, can even get what you'd get from City if you want. I'm in a group of about 40 and when one of us can't make it we pass it on for £30. A couple of mates from Ipswich (City membership holders) wanted to come up for the match, we're away so I'll just transfer the seats to him. He's happy, I get some beer money and the seats full with him, his lad and half the club shop. Done it through the local supporters club before now if nobody can use them. No need to not pass them on, even Burnley..

That Burnley game I probably missed the first 15 minutes of it. There was biblical rain all afternoon and evening, was the game on TV (?), the M60 was shut in large parts, the Metrolink was having big issues too, mid January when everyone is skint, and the ticket prices were daft. All factors in a hugely reduced crowd.
Thanks TheGhost. I remember the night and got soaked. I was just emphasising the amount of tickets from season card holders that are transferred / resold. I thought the crowd was OK.

The Club learnt a lesson and we got a better crowd and cheaper tickets for the next lower profile, midweek home game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.